Bye cold calling, hello LinkedIN - now it\'s time to really take advantage of your network.
Text of How to Use LinkedIn to Boost your Sales
1. To Boost Your Sales In 10 slides @LinkedinBook
2. Set a step back! First define your goals: How many customers do you want? What does your ideal customer look like? What kind of function or role does your contact have? What kind of organisation is it? Which industry? Which location? Then ask yourself: who are the people in the best position to help me reach my goals?
3. Fundamental principle of networkingThe REAL power is in the 2nd degree The real power of the network is in the second degree. The real power is in the network of your network. So dont focus on your own network, but ask them to introduce you to their network!
4. Single most important "feature" of LinkedIn LinkedIn shows the connections between people. LinkedIn shows you which of your own contacts can introduce you to their connections who know them. LinkedIn allows you to easily tap into the power of the 2nd (or 3rd) degree. LinkedIn eliminates "cold" calling.
5. 5 Steps Success Strategy1. Define a specific goal2. Think of the people in the best position to help you reach your goal3. Use "Advanced Search"4. Look at the list for common contacts5. Ask the person you have the best relationship with for a Magic Mail
6. Building your "basic" network in 3 stepsBECAUSE you need a "basic" or first degree network first before you can tap into the power of the second degree / the power of LinkedIn.1. Upload the contacts from your email program to LinkedIn.2. Connect with (old) colleagues and (old) classmates using LinkedIn tools.3. Join the Groups which are in line with your goals, for example: 1. Current / potential customers 2. Professional organisations 3. Trade organisations 4. Chambers of Commerce 5. Alumni associations of your college or (previous) employer(s).
7. Find the people that can help you1. Search on their name (if you know their names)2. Use Advanced Search with the parameters you have used to make your goal clear (for example: location, industry, function, key words)3. Browse in the network of your connections4. Look in the member lists of the Groups you joined5. Use "Companies"
8. Some dos and donts1. Be proactive. Just making a Profile is (most of the times) not enough.2. Build relationships. Even if they are not the right person, they might be able to introduce you to the people who hire or recruit you.3. Be active in Groups and help others: this will raise your visibility and credibility.4. DONT use LinkedIn as a sales tool, but as a research tool.5. Start building your network NOW and spend each week some time expanding and maintaining your network.
9. Do you want more tips like 42 tips to make your profile stand out THE tool outside LinkedIn that makes your network work for you 10 strategies to find new customers Passive, active and proactive strategies to be found 31 answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) 30 little known features that can make or break your results with LinkedIn 11 tools to save time Then download the FREE book "How to REALLY use LinkedIn (2nd edition)": http://www.how-to-really-use-linkedin.com