QUANG TRUNGHIGH SCHOOLUNIT 6: FUTURE JOB
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently by circling the corresponding letter A, B, C, or D.
1. A. casualB. answer C. honestD. possible
2. A. chair B. child C. cheapD. chemist
II. Choose one word whose stress pattern is differently by circling the corresponding letter A, B, C, or D.
7.A. interviewB. concentrateC. prepareD. candidate
8.A. explainB. experienceC. companyD. advice
III. Read the text and answer the questions by circling the corresponding letter A, B, C, or D.
When you first apply for a job, you might not succeed in getting it. Its always a good idea to ask them to explain to you what prevented you from beating the other candidates. Dont complain about the situation, but ask them to advise you on what you can do better next time. Perhaps the interviewer disproved of or disagreed with something you said. Perhaps they just glance at your application and saw something that made it easy to choose between you and another candidate
Dont regard it as a failure, but recognize it as chance to learn more. As long as you dont worry too much about it and continue to believe in yourself, youll eventually find the chance youve been waiting for. Then your family and friends will be able to congratulate you on your success!
9. You might ____________when you first apply for it. A. succeed in getting a jobB. fail in getting a jobC. get a jobD. have a job
10. What could you do if you didnt succeed in getting a job?A. quit it B. find another jobC. forget everything D. ask the interviewers for explanation
11. It is a good way to ask the interviewers _______________. A. to supply you a job B. to advise you for the next timeC. helpingD. pay you money
12. You fail in the job interview because of ______________A. youre not goodB. youre not confidentC. your failureD. interviewers disagreement
13. You should regard failing I the job interview as _____________.A. your failure B. a chance to learn moreC. a bad thingD. interviewers failure
14. You dont need to worry _____________________.A. because there are many chances waiting for youB. because you have a familyC. because you have friendsD. because you are very intelligent
15. What is the best tille for the text?A. The causes of fail a job interviewB. Advice for a job intervieweeC. Failure of a interviewer D. Fail a job interview
IV. Read the following advertisement and complete the letter below by circling the corresponding letter a, B, C, or D.
Im director of Center of foreign language. I need a teacher of English to teach student at level A and level B. If you have a university diploma, have at least one year experience, good manner and are willing to work at night, please contact : Director , 320 Hai Ba Trung Steet, Ho Chi Minh city, Telephone No : 08. 995 599advertisement
240 Dat Thanh Street, HCM 15, November, 2004Director320, Hai Ba Trung Street, HCMDear Sir or Madam,Im writing in reply _( 16 ) _your advertisement in the Vietnam News for ( 17 ) of English to teach student at level A and level B. I think I meet all of the ( 18 ) that you specific. I was awarded Unversity Diploma one year ago. After leaving university, I ( 19 )as a teacher at Le Hong Phong High school, ___( 20)_______ I could get a lot of good ____( 21 )___. Im a sociable and confident especially I love teaching ____( 22 )_____- very much. Moreover, Im able to work at night. I would like to work for you and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position with you in person. I ___( 23 )_______ to hearing from you at your convenience.Yours faithfully,Nguyen Pham Nhu Ngoc
16.A. inB. onC. ofD. to17. A. teacherB. assistantC. tutorD. secretary18.A. thingB. thingsC. qualificationsD. qualification19.A. workB. workedC. teachD. taught20. A. whichB. whenC. whereD. who21.A. experienceB. experienceC. moneyD. works22. A. MathsB. EnglishC. PhysicsD. Literature23.A. would likeB. look forwardC. would mindD. like
IV. Choose the best answer by circling the corresponding letter a, B, C, or D.
24. A (n) __________ is a person who looks after the patients in the hospital.A. accountantB. nurseC. lawyerD. teacher25. My uncle ________ you met yesterday is a doctor A. which B. whatC. whoseD. whom26. It is __________ to learn French because its structures are very complex. A. fantasticB. dangerousC. difficultD. easy
27. The woman _________ name I dont remember is a doctor.A. whoB. whomC. whichD. whose28. You should bring with you your _________ to the interview.A. CertificatesB. letter of recommendationC. flowersD. A and B are correct29. They showed me the hospital _________ has been destroyed by bombings.A. whose B. whichC. whoD. where
30. During the interview, try to ___________ on what the interviewers are saying and try to answer the interviews questions.A. dependB. concentrateC. rememberD. explain31. I met someone ________ said he knew you.A. who B. whom C. which D. whose32. John found a cat _________ leg was broken.A. whoB. whom C. whichD. whose
33. This girl, ________ is serving in the restaurant, is the owners daughters.A. whose B. whichC. thatD. B and C are correct34. ___________ studies hard will get high mark in the exams.A. whoeverB. whoC. whichD. whose35. A (n )__________ is a person who take people to places of interest.A. A farmerB. waiterC. journalistD. policeman
36. The book ________ I need cant be found in the library.A. who B. who C. which D. whose37. Alexander Flemming, __________ discovered penicillin, received the Nobel Prize in 1945. A. whose B. which C. who D. that38. She has read the book _____________ by Nguyen Du.A. which written B. who wroteC. writingD. written
39. I saw the man __________ to the hospital yesterdayA. takingB. who tookC. takenD. which is taken40. The girl _________ reward is my daughter.A. gettingB. gotC. who gettingD. who being got41. I cannot tell you all ____ I heard.A. which B. that C. as D. because
42. I can answer the question ____ you say is very difficult.A. whichB. whom C. who D. whose43. This is Mr. Jones, ____ invention has helped hundreds of deaf people.A. which B. thatC. whose D. whom44. Tom, ____ sits next to me, is from Canada.A. thatB. whom C. who D. whose
45. The volunteers, ____ enthusiasm was obvious, finished the work quickly.A. whoB. whom C. whose D. that46. Many scientists have claimed that ____ like music are often good at mathematics.A. childrenB. children who C. children whom D. whose children47. My friend, ____ I visited lask week, is taking a holiday soon.A. that B. whom C. which D. whose
48. The doctor re examining a patient ____ was taken to hospital last night.A. which B. who C. whom D. whose49. A pacifist is a person ____ believes that all wars are wrong.A. who B. whose C. whom D. which50. My friend, ____ hated horror film, refused to go to the cinema with me.A. whom B. which C. whose D. who