School library 2.0
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Web 2.0 tools in the School Library Escola EB 2,3 Padre Alberto Neto
- 2. Web Resources Portal
- Web portal Byblos since 2006;
- More than one thousand and five hundred web resources (web pages) selected and catalogued by the library team;
- Universal Decimal Classification;
- More than 3,5 millions hits in three years;
- 3. Byblos: http://byblos.malha.net
- 4. School library blog
- A blog about books, reading and information literacy;
- 5. Social Network
- School library social network hi5:
- 150 friends (students and school teachers)
- 6. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com
- 7. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com We share Reading suggestions
- 8. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com We share Photos: school library activities
- 9. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com We share Virtual Exhibitions
- 10. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com We share Information on literacy resources
- 11. Social Network http://biblioteca21.hi5.com We share Videos: school library activities
- 12. Social Bookmarking
- Diigo is a social bookmarking website which allows signed users to bookmark and tag web-pages.
- Diigo allows users to highlight any part of a webpage and attach sticky notes to specific highlights or to a whole page.
- These annotations can be kept private, shared with a group within Diigo or a special link forwarded to someone else.
- 13. Social Bookmarking
- Our social bookmarking website
- 14. Social Bookmarking
- 15. Social Bookmarking More than 400 bookmarks Directly related to the curriculum - grades 5 to 9 Each bookmark: URL Title Description Several tags
- 16. Social Bookmarking Our tag cloud
- 17. Web Search Helpdesk
- If students didnt find what they were looking for in the social bookmarking web site, they can call the
- We (school library team) search the web for them
- 18. Web Search Helpdesk
- 19. Web Search Helpdesk
- biblionetajuda[@ ]gmail.com
- Sending an email to the school library team.
- 20. Digital library
- Available on school intranet (beta version);
- 2800 resources in 4 collections;
- Resources described using the Dublin Core metadata element set;
- Built with Greenstone Digital Library software;
- 21. Digital library
- Greenstone is a suite of software for building and distributing digital library collections.
- It provides a new way of organizing information and publishing it on the Internet or on CD-ROM.
- Greenstone is produced by the New Zealand Digital Library Project at the University of Waikato , and developed and distributed in cooperation with UNESCO .
- 22. Digital library Collections 700 photos Newspaper Pblico (c. 400 issues - pdf) Portuguese literature in public domain (c. 1300 e-books). Portuguese poetry (150 poems) Learning resources (htm, pdf, ppt, doc) c.300 documents 700 400 1300 150 300
- 23. Teachers training
- In September, RBE School Libraries Network launched a workshop for school libraries team: School Libraries and the web 2.0
- Attended by 30 school librarians;
- Elearning using the course management system Moodle Platform;
- 24. Teachers training
- Web 2.0 and school library 2.0;
- Social bookmarking, tagging and folksonomies;
- Storing and sharing information;