Using Twitter To Engage Green Consumers
Embed Size (px)
Presented at The Cool Twitter Conference, July 2009
- 1.Using Twitter To Engage Green Consumers
2. How Do You Want To Use Twitter?
- Enhance Your Brands Reputation
- Monitor Conversations About Your Brand
- Engage with Opinion Leaders
3. How You Want To Use Twitter will Determine Your Follower Strategy 4. Who Tweets?The Same People Who Use Other Social Media
- 30% of Twitter Users Have a Blog
- Twice as many Twitter Users Go online via mobile, handheld or Wi-Fi
- Five Times as many users of other social networking sites use Twitter as those who do not
5. So Who ARE Green Consumers?
- Activists, environmentalists, stewards of the earth
- Hipsters, fashion forward, trend setters
- Moms, Early Baby Boomers, Seniors, Special needs/Chronic illnesses
- Coupon users, price shoppers, value conscious
- Back to nature, slow living advocates
6. Whos Green On Twitter?
- Top Opinion Leaders in the green space on Twitter arenot necessarilyopinion leaders for those making buying decisions!
7. Green Purchase Influencers on Twitter
8. Power Green Influencers
9. How To Find Your Target Green Consumer On Twitter
- Hashtags - #green, #eco #environment
- Twitter Apps (local, advanced search, etc.)
10. Engaging With Green Consumers
- Develop a Response Strategy
- Photos, blog posts, customer service
11. Tweeting Green
- Its Not What You SayIts How You Say it& To Whom
Tweet! Follow me @mcmilker