How Exemplary Are You As A Leader? Whether you are just leading yourself, or leading a team of many, working towards a shared vision is what leadership is all about. It takes a shared honest, trust-based relationship with everyone to achieve extraordinary results. Regardless of organization chart position, or the organization’s longevity, there is a need for everyone to align with vision/mission/values, inspire others to perform at their best levels, and help each other achieve exemplary results. Most importantly, leadership isn’t an opportunity for only a select few. For anyone with the desire to achieve exemplary results, there is an opportunity to learn, understand and take action on what it means to be an exemplary leader – regardless of current or future economic conditions, the organization structure or age. For over three decades, thousands of leaders looking to lead more exemplary have begun their journey with Kouzes and Posner’s “Leadership Challenge” Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership.
Text of Leadership Development - The Leadership Challenge Overview
1. Leadership Development The Leadership Challenge
2. Welcome Tip of the Spear Ventures www.tipofthespearventures.com Venture Capital Business Advisory Services Executive Coaching Leadership Development Communication Skills Training
3. Your Leadership Challenge Guides Sam Palazzolo Certified LPI Coach Managing Director Tip of the Spear Ventures LLC Howard Fox Certified LPI Coach Board Member Tip of the Spear Ventures LLC
4. Program Objectives . . . Experience and apply The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership Learn how to mobilize and motivate others to get extraordinary things done! Become the leader that everyone looks up to!!!
5. Our Goal for You. . . Learn the importance of communicating your fundamental values and beliefs. Begin to focus your people' efforts on key values through their own actions. Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust within your organization. Provide others with the tools to excel. Inspire others to share a common vision. Recognize the accomplishments of others.
6. The Leadership Journey The Leadership Challenge is a results-proven leadership development model created by bestselling authors Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, backed by over 30 years of original research and data from over 3 million leaders. LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE THE
7. Management Produces Order and Consistency Planning/Budgeting Organize/Staff Controlling/Problem Solving Source: A Force for Change: How Leadership Differs from Management By John Kotter
8. Leadership is not... Position Authority Power
9. Leadership is . . . Everyones business A relationship Self-development Learned An ongoing process
10. Leadership Produces Change and Movement Establishing Direction Aligning People Motivating and Inspiring Source: A Force for Change: How Leadership Differs from Management By John Kotter
11. Why Would Someone Want To Follow You? As a result of this learning opportunity, you will: Learn about behaviors that improve your effectiveness as a leader. Begin the journey of what you personally need to do to be someone who can mobilize others to take action for a common goal. Become the leader that everyone looks up to
12. Leadership is the art of mobilizing others to want to struggle for shared aspirations. Kouzes and Posner
13. The Five (5) Practices Model the Way Inspire a Shared Vision Challenge the Process Enable Others to Act Encourage the Heart James M. Kouzes & Barry Z. Posner
14. Special 24/7 Online Offers ($290) LPI 360* Assessment 2 Hour Debrief Session Tip of the Spear Leadership Practices Inventory Participant Workbook 5 x 1 Hour Coaching Sessions Centered Executive Coaching Leader Centered Stakeholder Centered Business Centered Leadership Development Leadership Challenge Webinar Workshop (Onsite) www.tipofthespearventures.com/events
15. Thank You! For more information, visit us at: www.tipofthespearventures.com