Text of How to Grow Your Business Through Social Media - The Power of Facebook and Video
1. HOW TO GROW YOUR BUSINESSTHROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA The Power of Facebook and Video HRAI TORONTO CHAPTER October 30, 2012
2. SOCIAL MEDIA REVOLUTION
3. Veterans Boomer Gen X Gen Y1925 45 1946 60 1961 81 1982 02 65 - 85 50 - 64 29 - 49 8 - 28
4. Underlying Costs are MinimalSoftware applications are free, orat most, inexpensive New social tech tasks can bedistributed to current staff andteams Employees will create part of thevalue on their own time Scalability is irrelevant to costs Return on Investment is easilymeasurable
5. NEW GENERATION
6. FACEBOOK DEMOGRAPHICS Fastest 25 54 Growing Demographics: Females 55+ years Almost 70%
7. Say It Isnt So..
8. FACEBOOK FOR BUSINESS 950 million users worldwide 1 in 4 of all Page Views on the Internet are on a Facebook Page 1 in 8 minutes spent on the Internet is on Facebook
9. LEAD GENERATION
10. $$ VALUE OF FACEBOOK FAN
11. FACEBOOK PAGE
12. FACEBOOK PAGE MUST HAVESIdentify your brand and be creative! Choose engaging cover photo and profile photos Add milestones and key aspects of the business Post at least 3-4 times weekly for engagement Respond to messages quickly and thoroughly Highlight key updates Claim vanity URL www.facebook.com/username
13. MUST HAVES CONTDBe succinct!Be Community-MindedOptimal time to postUse Questions and PollsPost Video/Photos (Hint: 100-120% increased engagement than with regular posts)Like Us to receive a discount couponReview Your InsightsUse Facebook Ads
15. FACEBOOK CONTESTS
16. FACEBOOK ADVERTISING Spending on Facebook ads increased 93% in 2011 vs 2010 Identify your audience Understand target options Good images Strong call-to-action Set objective & budget Set up multiple ads test, test, test! Facebook Ad Exchange
17. MEASUREMENT Similar to Google Analytics for a website, Facebook has its own analytic data FACEBOOK INSIGHTS: # of new likes # of Fans engaging with your Page Percentage of active/non-active users How many Likes received over a period of time Review comments # of Unsubscribes IF ITS WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH MEASURING!
18. AND THE ANSWER IS..... 72 hours every minute!
19. THE QUESTION IS.....
20. WHY VIDEO? A well optimized video makes your company 53x more likely to be on the 1st page of Google 24/7 Salesperson 72 hours of new video content is added to YouTube every minute YouTube is the worlds second largest search engine
21. ONLINE VIDEO VIEWERS According to comScore, the age of online video viewers in Canada was fairly evenly distributed in Q4 of 2011, with five of the six age brackets falling between 17%- 19% The most online videos viewers in Canada were between the ages of 2-18 or over 55 (both 19%) Surprisingly, the age bracket with the fewest online video viewers was 18-24
22. VIDEO MAGNIFIES... Presentations Training Product launches Contests Events Interviews with Experts Blogs Testimonials
23. EMAIL MARKETINGEngaging with video hasbeen proven to extend theamount of time viewersspend reading your emails(not to mention increasingthe response rate).
24. Offer Valuable Content, Not a Sales Pitch
25. RANK QUICKLY IN SEARCH ENGINESBlended Search: The practice in which search engines display videos, images, news stories, maps and other types of results alongside their standard website search resultsOptimizing video content to take advantage of blended search is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get a Page 1 ranking on Google
26. SYNDICATING OF VIDEO Syndication places video on multiple video sites Videos appear more and more often in search results Videos rank multiple times for keywords Send more referral traffic to your site.
27. VIDEO FOR THE BUDGET CONSCIOUS
28. CREATE YOUR OWN YOUTUBE CHANNELYouTube channels archiveall of your videos for users tobe able to watchCustomize the look andfeel of your channel to beunique and representative ofyour business and brand
29. YOUTUBE CHANNEL
30. ANALYSIS YOUTUBE INSIGHTS FREE tool Demographics # Views Geographic popularity Comparison of all videos Download reports
31. VIDEO A-B-CS Aim for Authentic, Actionable Content Be professional BUT be yourself Stay focused short and sweet! Particular focus to the first 10 seconds Add Video to Your Facebook Page Upload Video to YouTube and Third Party Video Sites Optimize Video for Google Search
32. CHRIS APPLETON email@example.com www.wsiwebapplications.com http://wsiwebapplications.com/_blog /Our_Blog/ http://ca.linkedin.com/in/cappleton http://www.facebook.com/wsisocial http://twitter.com/cmappleton