1. Case Studies,SM & DM 101How to generate revenue throughFacebook
2. What we are going to do The Who Me & My Agency The Why Socialnomics/Mobilenomics Consumerization The What I do social media Three case studies Results I obtained How Fan page tour Facebook ads / impressions Landing pages / FB tabs Campaigns Social Sooner G.R.O.W can help
3. Generating Revenue OnlineWorkshopPresented byJason Cass, CIC , Ryan Hanley, CIC& Brian AppletonThe GROW mission is to provide every Independent Insurance Agent with the toolsand knowledge to generate revenue from their online activitieswww.growprogram.com
4. Ground Rules Ask lots of questions Even dumb questions We dont expect you to be an expert Be prepared for our honest opinion You can always follow up with us We may go on a tangent It will always be relevant We dont care if you email or send texts You dont have to ask us to go the bathroom
5. Myths About Selling Online Internet Shoppers Buy on Price If we dont treat our product like a commodity theywont buy it like a commodity We Need To Be On Every Social Media Site to beSuccessful Success online is about becoming a valuable resource Consumers Need Our Expertise The information gates to our knowledge have beenunlocked
6. Common Objectionsto Social Media We work on referrals So does the Internet It takes too much time You dont have time for to generate revenue? I dont know anything about computers Hire someone that does I dont like the Internet But your clients do
7. I Am Jason Cass Married w/ two sons Owner of JDC Insurance Chairman of National YACfor Big I Original CAP Task Forcemember ACT liaison to theNational YAC IIA of IL YAC member
8. My agency JDC Insurance Group LLP est. 1.1.2010 80% Commercial 15% Personal (agency owners told me this was important) 5% Life Completely mobile agency Desk Laptop / Extra monitor All in one printer No fax, phone, or filing cabinets 98.9% paperless Niche agency: Railroad contractors, warehouses, manufacturing Social services *Hotels*
9. How big is social?Socialnomics
10. How big is mobileMobilenomics
11. ConsumerizationIs an term used to describe emergence of info. technology:First in the consumer marketThen spread into businessIn years past, many technology-based products have had their beginningsin the defense & business markets:Facsimile machinesCalculatorsMobile phonePersonal computers
12. Consumerization First, products that were designed for individualconsumers, are now appealing in the workplaceand demand of these products are increasing inthe workplace
13. Consumerization Second, No one cares how much youknow, until they know how much you care Getting your employees to share & use productive andenhancing consumer technology at and away from workwill be a wise strategy. Creates a window that shows transparency, builds trust, andyour brand.
14. The beginning What I wanted: People to know that I had started my own agency People to know that I was a different type of agency. Wanted to brand and market where the people are of my niches To attract the families with homes, two or more cars, and have average to good credit What I had: Budget of $500.00 for advertising for the year! Very limited technology & social media skills Goals: In the next two years I wanted to derive 51% or more of my leads from online In my first year I wanted to write at least $20,000 in premium from being online By my second year I wanted to write at least $50,000 Do it by being different.and...being where the people are
15. What I didBeing involved in my state and national association enabled meto meet and network with highly successful marketing agents of technology.Like you, I kept hearing about social media and occasionally heard great stories ofagents being successful marketing their agencies online.soI started my social sites for JDC on April 11th, 2010. Facebook Twitter LinkedInYouTube came about a month laterBrand and market through: Post Ads Discussions Videos Comments Likes ShareI can show you how I market and brand but I cant show you how I sell
16. FB profile vs. FB fan page FB profile is your personal profile Friends Newsfeed (friends) Status Updates Share pictures/videos/events All can be shared on personal or fan pages 90% you/friends 10% your business or businesses
17. FB profile vs. FB fan page Fans Page Newsfeed (friends) Status Updates Share pictures/videos/events All can be shared on personal or fan pages
18. FB profile vs. FB fan page FB fan page 90% is content about them and their lives Blogs Infographs Your clients Video Pictures Celebrations Holidays 10% about your products and services
19. Some things I do with Facebook Ads auger Get friends Run ads ( sponsored stories ) Get fans Get their email or contact information ( giveaways) Run contest & sweepstakes Like & Interest ads Get your message out to the exact person Direct them to what you want them to see Niche and target marketing at its best Generic branding ads Happy Birthday Thank you Holiday ads Specials or current events *Mobile*
20. Facebook tips Follow others Comment, like, and share what they post Create other pages STL Cardinal squirrels Local viral Acuity Trucking Like your clients and showcase them Create a URL for your fan page www.jdcfanpage.com
21. Other social sites Twitter- is a media outlet I use to: Stay connected with others instantly Broadcast to a large select audience YouTube- is the future and I use to: Broadcast myself on the jdcins channel Use video to market through email and website LinkedIn I use to: Prospecting -Business Discussions Google plus Biggest thing moving forward Content Pintrest Share pictures
22. Case studies
23. Case Study #1Started Social Media 4.11.2010 Built a social presence Started working with CAP 6.24.2011Facebook iPad2 Referral Contest Refer friend, family, co-worker, or yourself Present a quote Didnt have to buy, just allow me to present a quote proposal Entered into a contest to win an iPad2 (Can use Make-A-Wish or othernon-financial incentives depending on state regulations) The referrer and the refereeContest Period Nov 14 Dec 31 Drawing January 1st at 12:01am by VideoUpload to All Social SitesCONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
24. My resultsGenerated 19 Referrals in 6 Weeks!Social & digital referrals only, had others not related to contest Didnt fit agency philosophy of agency 5 Auto/Home Low limits, etc. Prospects given a proposal 14 NB clients from those proposals 11 (78% CR)Prior Insurance of 11 NB Clients State Farm 4 Independent Companies 3 Allstate 2 Country companies 2CONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
25. My resultsPrior Limits of 11 NB Clients 50/100/50 or 100 4 Moved 2 of those to 100/300 Moved 2 of those to 250/500 1 took UMB 100/300/50 or 100 5 Moved 2 of those to 250/500 1 took UMB 250/500/ 250 Both had UMB 2 Moved one to 500/500 because of underlying limits due to UMBCONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
26. My resultsAuto/Home Packages All EFT 10 of 11 Total Policies Written 38 (3.4/Client) Auto 11 Home 11 UMB- 5 Dwelling fire-4 Motorcycle - 3 Boat- 4 Total Written Premium $28,000 FY (34,000 SY) Total Annual Commission $4,200 FY ($5,100 SY) Total Expense $1,650 (cost inc. CAP, Adv., iPad2) Total Profit $2,550 ($5,100 SY) ($7650 BY) Return on Investment 154% FY ($309% SY)CONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
27. Case Study #2FB R.O.I Fan review app Contest conducted April 13th April 31st Contest Results 28 reviews Facebook & LinkedIn 11 referrals 3 quotes 9 clients (62% CR) 26 fans gained from friendsCONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
28. Case Study #3 Ryan Hanley, Independent Agent, Blogger Blogger / content creator of digital media The Murray Group Insurance Services, Inc., Albany, NY Contest conducted April 23th May 7th New Business Results 59 reviews FB & LinkedIn 25 referrals 16 quote opportunities Generated a total of 47 inbound actions!CONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
29. Number after 12 months As of 4.11.10 - 4.11.11 (12 months) 420 fans Wrote approx $35,000 in A/H premium Goal was $20,000 Almost wrote my second year goal ($50,000)my first year Earned about $5,500 incommission (not including life)
30. Number of 10 months (CAP) From 6.24.2011 4.11.2012 (10 months) More than 4,000 fans Written approx $70,000 in A/H premium($35,000 by myself) Earned about $11,000 in commission ($5,500)
31. Number after 24 months As of 4.11.10 4.11.12 ( 24 months ) More than 4,0000 fans Written approx $110,000 in A/H premium Original goal was 50,000 Earn about $16,500 NB in commission (notincluding life)
32. Numbers as of 36 months As of 4.11.2013 (36 months) 4,700 fans $170,000 Earned about $26,000 NB! Life $9,000 Total personal lines NB & RN & Life $62,000 Total commercial NB & RN $14,000
33. FB report of 36 months
34. Facebook Ads / Impressions
35. Basics What I have learned Who is your prospect Who is your competition Other online business who share your sameprospect My Mistakes
36. Basics Who is your prospects Line of business Motorcycle, Auto, Home, Boat, commercial Demographics Age/sex/ethnic What are their gaps/needs/wants Follow them What are their hot buttons Married, having a baby, buying a car Where do they hangout / like Other pages
37. Basics Who are your competitors? What are they doing that is working? Pictures and post that work for them, will work for you! Run ads to their fans Other online business who share your fans Realtors, Mortgagee, Bankers, Financial Create an alliance Who is commenting on their page
38. Basics My Mistakes Need good bait Promotion Campaign Coupons Not getting social proof External sites are not the best Run them to a page you create and you do get social proof Use Facebook guidelines Negative feedback Stop selling Google pay per click is selling FB is a branding/marketing/creating relationship tool Sending without tracking
39. Facebook Ads / Impressions How to get started Top right of your screen, gear icon Understand who youre targeting Create ad per precise interest Run it for three days Look at CTR Bundle these and attack!
40. Lets create some ads!
41. Creating a landing page & ap
42. The HowSocial Campaigns
43. Examples of campaigns Write a review Referral Get a quote Share / Like Give to a local charity
44. Other places I use Google Analytics Heyo Minilytics Bitly Picmonkey Abweber / Mailchimp /iContact Pic resize Elance ProjectCAP Hootsuite Wordpress Northsocial Wildfire Animoto
45. Social Sooner Similar to an Oklahoma sooner Get on your digital horse and claim your virtual Land First to claim your land is the trailblazer and ruler Late to the game has to borrow or buy land Personal lines market share Cannons all in the same direction 34 % Commission per county Commercial lines Market share We dominate this marketCONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY. Exclusively for use and distributionby Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.S...