Presentation for IT Palooza event at Nova Southeastern University, December 2012. South Florida HDI benefits and values were shared to introduce attendees to the local chapter and how they can make a difference in the South Florida IT professional community.
Text of South florida HDI Value & Benefits IT Palooza Dec 2012
1. South Florida HDIValue and Benefits December 12, 2012 Eddie VidalPresident South Florida HDI Chapter
2. South Florida HDI History Born: October 2008 Meeting Attendance Average: 60+ Mailing List grown from 150 to2800 Sponsorship over $22,000 Developed HDI CRM Database Platinum and President Circle of Excellence 300 + companies
3. Goals Financial Customers Increase Memberships Share Experiences Increase Share Knowledge Partners/Sponsors Share Relationships Increase Revenue Increase Financial Surplus Results Achieve top 3 point total in National Circle of Excellence Recognized as the premier local IT user group in South Florida
4. Keys to Success Strategy Set Goals Team Building Partnerships Communication Go Opposite Redefine and Reinvent
5. 30 Second PitchSouth Florida HDI is a young and lively community ofIT Service and Technical Support professionals,focusing on sharing experiences, knowledge andrelationships.Our meetings are held quarterly in the Miami-Dadecounty area. Currently we have in excess of 100members representing greater than 50 top SouthFlorida companies across different industries.Join us and be part of the fun, exchange ideas andgrow together in this young exhilarating community.
6. Meeting AttendanceYEAR # OF EVENTS # OF ATTENDEES2009 4 3412010 5 3852011 6 2532012 5 214
7. Please Join our Social Media Sites53 Fans 165 Members 2800 Emails67 Members 217 Followers 882 Contactshttps://www.facebook.com/soflahdi @HDI_So_Florida
8. Question of the Day What value and/or benefit have you gained byparticipating in South Florida HDI?
9. SAVE THE DATE: HDI 2013 Conference & Expo Get your license to learn at next years conference and expo! April 1619, 2013, under the lights of Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay! Stay on the cutting edge of industry trends, gain topic-specific expertise, be inspired, and network with your peers Even better: As HDI members, you save $200 on your HDI 2013 registrations! Register at www.HDIConference.com
10. SAVE THE DATE: HDI 2013 Conference & Expo Register by December 7, 2012, and you could save up to $895! FREE One-Day Workshop $395 Early Bird Discount $200 Alumni Discount $100 Member Discount (Gold and above) $200 Save $895
11. The HDI Buyers Guide Is Now Open! HDI is thrilled to announce the launch of the brand- new HDI Buyers Guide, aimed at helping guide products and services to the people who need them Enter comments, provide feedback, and rate the featured products www.HDIConnect.com/Buyers-Guide
12. HDI Team Certified New level of recognition for support teams with at least 80% of staff HDI-certified Annual award includes recognition in HDI publications and a crystal award to display on- site Application fee of $150 (collected after team qualification has been verified) Register at ThinkHDI.com/HDITC Contact your account manager or the Customer Care Center for assistance Watch for more information in upcoming mail, newsletters, and emails
13. Just Released! 2012 HDI Support Center Practices & Salary Report Learn about the latest industry trends with the newly released Members (Silver and above) have free access to the report Log into www.ThinkHDI.com to get yours now!
14. Membership Drives Win a Kindle? Must be a member Special Event Pricing Silver $100 Bronze $10
15. $100+ $1000+ $79 Conferences, events and Online resources, webinars, Research Corner, whitepapers Training discounts $240 Value $75Focus Book Series and AnnualPractice and Salary Report Local Chapter Membership $165 $100 (only for today)
16. Membership and Non-Membership Companies
17. Membership Metrics Job Role Count None 229 62 DecisionMembership Type Count Maker 93Non-Member 661 Evaluator 54Previous-Member 169 Other 11Silver Membership 25 Buyer 1Gold Membership 11 Grand Total 388Plus Gold 10Officer Membership 8 Position Type CountStudent Membership 3Platinum Plus Manager 78Membership 3 Director 71Platinum Analyst 45Membership 2 CEO 15Grand Total 892 Supervisor 10 Grand Total 219
18. Next Meeting How do you recognize and show appreciation to your employees? What makes an employee go above and beyond? Save the Date January 10, 2013 www.ThinkHDI.com/Membership/Awards
19. HDI AOY & DST Awards 2010 Jorge De La Rosa 2011 Carlos Negron (Regional) 2012 Raquel Robinson 2012 Colin Thomas 2013 - ???
20. Thank you to our Sponsors!
22. Membership - Help PRE-EVENT Prepare meeting roster with RSVPs Prepare nametags for those who RSVPd Call campaigns when required EVENT Assist with registration table (Sign-in, nametags) Greet and welcome guests (Members/Non-members) Membership drives (1/2 per year) Promote / Market HDI Membership POST-EVENT Update HDI CRM with attendees info (Attended, Walk-in, No-Show) Enter/update contacts information in CRM Process new HDI member applications Prepare 2 mailing lists for Thank You For Attending and Sorry You Missed It
23. Communications [Enter name here] VP of Communications
24. Communications Chapter Meeting Press Releases Coordinates release of meeting information to local publications, trade newsletters, etc., three weeks prior to meeting Special Event/Meeting Announcements & Invitations Invitations sent weekly beginning at least six weeks prior to meeting
25. Communications Social Media Oversees posting and updating of chapter news, happenings and promotions on all relevant Social Media websites Chapter Website Oversees content development and ensures the chapter website is a living communications tool
26. Programs[Enter name here] VP of Programs
27. Programs Activities & Strategy The Programs is responsible in setting up the Events/Meetings Some of the involvement are composed of: Topics Assist in acquiring ideas for Topics fromMember Surveys and Technology trends Speakers Assist in obtaining industry leaders on specifictopics Sponsors Leverage and enroll sponsors based on Topics to obtain and produce a well rounded solution to the event/meeting
28. Programs Organize different meetings, AOY, CIO Panel, Vendor fair, social events, meeting with other user groups Chair off line conference calls Logistics of meeting, location, meeting checklist Build and develop program content Maintaining of yearly calendar Create communication meeting invite with presenter bio and tit