Text of Assuring Quality of Experience in Dynamic Networks: Gaining Full End User Visibility Through...
1. Assuring Quality of Experience in Dynamic Networks Gaining Full End-user Visibility Through Programmable Test & Measurement Marcus Friman, CPO & Co-founder Ensuring an Awesome Experience in the Connected World
2. The Two Most Important Lessons Today Biggest challenges for ensuring exceptional end user experience Why programmable, active testing is a must-have 1 2 Actions Helping You Reach Your Top Goals
3. Main Goals for Agile Operators Improved customer satisfaction Operational costs & resources Capture new revenue opportunities more quickly 1 2 3
4. Agile Orchestrated Assured 6 MEFs Third Network Vision Main Goals for Agile Operators
5. Challenges and Solutions Assuring Quality of Experience in Dynamic Networks
6. Only 2 Processes Matter The time it takes to provide me with a service after you have introduced it to me... - Once delivered, was it right? When things go wrong, how long does it take for you to notice the issue and fix it? - Matt Beal, Vodafone CTO Office 1 2
7. What Matters for Customers Deliver Fast and keep your Promise (deliver right) Detect Issues with My Service Minimize Performance Degradation Time Service Life Cycle Fulfillment1 2 3 Assurance Troubleshooting (Assurance) 1 2 3 Mapping Customer Demands to Service Lifecycle 10
8. Service Activation Testing and Troubleshooting $$$ PASSIVE METHOD ACTIVE NON-SW METHOD(S) Check device counters Comprehensive testing in the field Inadequate but fast Sufficient but slow ICMP ping
9. Service Activation Testing and Troubleshooting PASSIVE METHOD Check device counters Inadequate but fast ICMP ping Automated, comprehensive testing Sufficient AND FAST THIS IS REQUIRED! ACTIVE SW METHOD(S)
10. A Problem Today CRITICAL Tomorrow Deployed Updated Scaled in Scaled out Reconfigured Redeployed VNFVNF Valueadded services VNF VNF Frequent changesShared resourcesIncreased complexity ?
11. Another Operator Pain Point - James Crawshaw, Senior Analyst of OSS/BSS Transformation, Heavy Reading another operator pain point is service assurance. How do you ensure the service you are delivering is meeting the quality that the customer expects? How do you pinpoint problems?
12. Confirmed by Telecoms.com survey What do you consider to be the biggest challenge of ensuring exceptional end user experience? Deliveringnewservicesfasterandrightthefirst time(agileservicecreation) Detectingandcorrectingfailedservicesbeforethe customernotices Eliminatingmanualeffortsthatpreventfull automationoffulfilmentandassuranceworkflows Other(pleasespecify)
13. Conclusion #1: Add Active Testing to Service Model
14. What Matters for Customers Deliver Right the First Time Quickly Detect Issues with My Service Minimize Performance Degradation Time Service Life Cycle Fulfillment Assurance Troubleshooting (Assurance) Quality Monitoring and Assurance 1 2 3
15. NFV Alone Will Not Make Assurance Easier Service Everything looks ok. ? ! My service is not working vFW vWAN Are my switches up? How much CPU load? Interface counters?
16. Automation and Control Theory
17. Control Loop for Assuring QoE in Dynamic Networks Service SLA and KPI requirements Service Orchestrator E2E Service ?
18. Mustadde2eservicequalityinsights Control Loop for Assuring QoE in Dynamic Networks Service SLA and KPI requirements Service Orchestrator E2E Service Measured SLAs and KPIs Virtual Test Agent (virtual user)
19. Conclusion #2: Add Active Assurance to Service Model
20. The Service Orchestration Loop Introducing Orchestrated Active Assurance Service Assurance PM FM Device Counters Passive Monitoring Events Active Monitoring Alarms Service Fulfillment Service Activation Test Service E2E Troubleshooting Logs Orchestrated Active Assurance 1 2 3 This adds Active Network Analytics Insight
21. Software is Key to Solving Existing Challenges Service Life Cycle Service Delivery Ongoing Assurance Problem Resolution 1 2 3 Key Success Factors Multi Layer Activation Testing Active Monitoring Automatic Troubleshooting Loss, Delay, Jitter QoS Preservation Video/Voice Quality Server Latency TCP Throughput One YANG Model Covering All Phases of The Life Cycle Service Life Cycle Fulfillment Assurance Troubleshooting (Assurance) Key Success Factors
22. Mapping to the ETSI NFV Architecture tep 1: Fully automated & programmable active test platform 2016 2020 Service Quality Management Orchest rator EM VNF VNF EM Virtual Compute Virtual Storage Virtual Network Network HardwareStorage HardwareComputing Hardware Virtualization Layer VNF Managers Service, VNF & Infrastructure Description Virtual Infrastructure Manager VNF VNF NFVI EM Virtual Test Agent Test Controller Test Results Analysis Module Control Center OSS / BSS Fault Management Performance Management
23. The Two Most Important Lessons Today Biggest challenges for ensuring exceptional end user experience Why programmable, active testing is a must-have 1 2 Actions Helping You Reach Your Top Goals
24. Thank you. Come See Orchestrated Active Assurance Live in Our Booth firstname.lastname@example.org