Text of InMobi inDecode - Gaining App Visibility That Matters
1. Gurgaon, 9th December 2015 InMobi- inDecode Meetup
2. Gaining the app visibility that matters Mistakes | Build | Measure | Engage
3. The Estimated Growth in Apps
4. From many apps on your phone, how many do you actually use? YOUR STUNNING IMAGE Why Visibility Matters? According to Google, in U.S out of 33 apps installed on an average, people used only 1/3 of the apps
5. Some Discussions Ive had I have uploaded app description, and assets. They look just fine Sigh! I lately got several bad ratings on the app I just made a new release of the app, but i found people were not aware of this update I never updated my app. The last time i updated the app was when i launched the app few months back
6. andthat Happy Moment when your app is ready
7. But what about Measuring Customers Life Time Value
8. What follows?
9. GETTING THE BASICS RIGHT IT DOES MATTER
10. Know Whos the Boss https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html
11. A: Does your app hint what your app is about?
12. Here are some key points Placing keyword in the title could boost your rank Keyword density is relevant to Android app titles Repetition of keywords in title could work, but rarely
13. B: Pay attention to the App description formatting
14. Does it format well on mobile?
15. C:Get the first 3-lines of your app description right
16. D: Using the Keywords that Matter
17. Butwatch your competitors
18. E: Is your icon scalable?
19. F: Designing Icon Focusing on Single Character in case of game Functional Apps
20. Beautiful Screenshots Awesome Feature Image Impressive merging Communicate what your app does
21. Beautiful Screenshots Simple, crisp and pleasing to eyes
22. Beautiful Screenshots App feature screenshots
23. Beautiful Screenshots Updating the screenshots & Emotional connect
24. A Big NO Avoid repetitions Text Heavy ?
25. Another Big NO Ask yourself What are you trying to convey?
26. The Video adds to the topping Context Video Feature Video
27. G: Should you choose to Localize? Adding your own Translation
28. If not all, which ones?
29. Case Study: Zombie Ragdoll Source: Google By Search Observe the title Assets in Locale
30. Case Study: Zombie Ragdoll Source: Google Increased engagement because of appeal of the localized version 80% of installs came from users of non-English languages
31. Think of this before Localising International Launch and Support Is the name a trademark? International Users pattern of searching Is translate possible? Discoverability and usability ( marketing budget)
32. H: Do you respond to the (Bad) reviews?
33. So Far. 1 2 3 4 Design sreenshots that scream Install me You have 3-4 seconds to catch users attention with your screenshot Strategy differs for Apps & Games Title and Description Matters. Focus on Keywords, Formatting and first 3 Lines 5 Strong Opening, Good Storyline & Script can work well for app trailers. Leverage Video Ad Platforms 6 Think Market when going global Reply to all reviews reported7
34. CURIOUS CASES OF TWO APPS THE GOOGLE POWER UNLEASED
35. CASE A: COUCH TO 5K
36. CASE A: COUCH TO 5K Difficulty Measure The competition is well spaced
37. CASE A: COUCH TO 5K ..and probably K is treated as Running/Expense ..and probably K is treated as Running/Expense
38. CASE A: COUCH TO 5K Difficulty Measure Ranking differs
39. CASE A: COUCH TO 5K The Keyword optimization
40. CASE B: SUBWAY SURFERS
41. CASE B: SUBWAY SURFERS Synonyms of DASH
42. BEYOND CONVENTIONAL WAYS BE STRATEGIC - BE DIFFERENT
43. LONG-TRAIL Keywords REMEBER R.D.T ( RELEVANCE, DENSITY AND TRAFFIC)
44. Are there any common keys?
45. Using COMPETITIVE KEYWORD Strategy
46. Using COMPETITIVE KEYWORD Strategy
47. REVIEWS Analysis - Keywords
48. REVIEWS Analysis - SHARING & REPLIES Share your reviews The conversion works
49. REVIEWS Analysis - Ratings
50. REVIEWS ANALYSIS - How do you handle? Super Fans HatersTechies Spammers Shorties Wanderers Unclear
51. Wanderers REVIEWS ANALYSIS - The Gain Super Fans Haters Techies Spammers Shorties Unclear Keywords
52. Are you following Social Media enough? Understand how users user your app name and feature-synonyms
53. Enter the world of Blogging Dont forget the post Keywords, Meta Description and Back links.
54. So Far. Try out long trail keywords Analyse competitive keywords 1 2 3 4 strategies to reply to different types of comments Blogging network is potential way to reach out to right kind of users
55. WHAT CAN GOOGLE OFFER? WHATs EXISTING AND WHATs NEW?
56. How is Google helping ? Acquiring new users Re-enaging existing users
57. Driving Engagements Using Search
58. RE-ENGAGING Using Searches
59. Driving Installs Using Search
60. APP Indexing
61. APP Indexing Step 1: Add deep link support to app Step 3: Publish app deep links Indexing Step 2: Verify website Check for errors & status
62. PLAY Experiments
63. PLAY Experiments
64. PLAY Experiments
65. 30% Users 70% Users Variant 1 : Testing for new icons Variant 2 : Testing for new Tab assets 15% Users 15% Users Martin Josh PLAY Experiments
66. CASE STUDY - EverythingMe launcher Changing your app icon can have an incredible impact Slogan as part of the feature graphic design can improve conversion ( +7% in this case) Apps short description can help you capture users attention
67. Any Alternatives?
68. And finally App Indexing is important to re-engage or acquire users Use experiements to strategize app store listings 1 2 3 Use in-app deep linking
69. Increasing User Retention Caring & Sharing
70. Points, but not limited Use Strategic Notifications On-Boarding Community Engagement on Social media Relevant and Concise Timing Missing you! Being smart and Interesting Branch for Deep Linking In-App Feedback Update but Notify Users
71. Resources App Analytics In-App Feedback Alternatives to Play Store App Store Analytics