Text of FIFA World Cup Pevious History | FIFA World Cup 2014 News
1. The 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea/Japan reflected a changing
football world. On a new continent, old powers were falling fast
and after a succession of surprises, for the first time the
quarter-finals featured teams from five different federations. In
the end, however, it was two well-known faces, Germany and Brazil,
who contested the Final and the South Americans who claimed an
unprecedented fifth world crown.
2. Koreans still like to recall the victorious moment of the
2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan when the Korean national team
advanced to the semifinal.
3. 2006 FIFA World Cup official logo: Celebrating Faces of
4. The FIFA World Cup ended up in Italian hands in 2006 after
an Azzurri triumph that owed everything to teamwork. The abiding
memory of the Final at Berlin's Olympic Stadium may be of Zinedine
Zidane's meltdown, the France veteran earning an red card for
headbutting Marco Materazzi, but there was much to admire about the
Italian effort that earned them a fourth world crown.
5. This World Cup had a special momentum, linked with a history
of freedom and the history of one man.
6. FIFA World Cup 2014 begins onThursday, June 12 And ends
onSunday, July 13
7. THE 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP WILL BE THE 20TH FIFA WORLD CUP, AN
INTERNATIONAL MEN'S FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT THAT IS SCHEDULED TO TAKE
PLACE IN BRAZIL FROM 12 JUNE TO 13 JULY 2014. IT WILL BE THE
SECOND TIME THAT BRAZIL HAS HOSTED THE COMPETITION, THE PREVIOUS
BEING IN 1950. BRAZIL WAS ELECTED UNCHALLENGED AS HOST NATION IN
2007 AFTER THE INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL FEDERATION, FIFA, DECREED
THAT THE TOURNAMENT WOULD BE STAGED IN SOUTH AMERICA FOR THE FIRST
TIME SINCE 1978 IN ARGENTINA, AND THE FIFTH TIME OVERALL. 2014 FIFA
8. SlideShow presented by Dailyinfoguide.com DailyInfoGuide.com
is a place for Upcoming News , FIFA World Cup 2014 News presenting
and sharing presentations.