FIFA World Cup Business Opportunities
Introduction• The FIFA World Cup has
become the driver for infrastructural changes around the world.
• This event is about more than four weeks of soccer, it is also about the impact that it will have on all business sectors, pre- and post the event.
Important• The financial benefits to
Brazil will be significant, yet difficult to quantify.
• Media coverage has and will
expose Brazil to the world with the consequential benefits of incalculable tourist spend.
• Plenty of opportunities will arise for many sectors, which will lead to significant profits to be made.
• The upcoming years will offer amazing possibilities for all the citizens of Brazil and will allow us to leave a legacy for our future generations.
• There will be a great need for accommodation and there are two ways to get involved:– The Official Route
• Benefit: you will get access to the visiting tourists via FIFA websites.
– The Unofficial Route:• Benefit: higher rates and
Business OpportunitiesFood & Drink
• There will be a huge demand for food & drink– Probability – 04 weeks of
World Cup:• Sausages - 3.5 million.• Beer - 3.4 million liters.
• Security is a vital part of the World Cup and therefore creates a great demand.
• In the Germany World Cup there were over 25 000 media and VIP's, many of whom will want a bodyguard to assist them while they are in Brazil.
Business OpportunitiesLogistic & Transport
• The World Cup will be under severe strain to move goods around on a daily basis.
• Careful planning for the movement of people and goods will be necessary with storage planning in order to get goods in place before the world cup starts.
• In Germany they were able to provide various people who could speak up to 45 different languages.
• With that in mind, anyone who can speak other languages should be able to make themselves a good income during the world cup.
Business OpportunitiesHuman Resources
• This world cup will provide Brazilian companies with a wonderful opportunity to create great team spirit within their businesses.
• It might also necessitate the upgrading of skills (especially in the service industry) and a general improvement in productivity standards.
• Health Insurance • Travel Insurance• Personal and Public Liability• Insure new B&B's• Security of team buses• Cover for Stadiums, Event,
Fan parks, Infrastructure.
• Brazilian gifts: Arts and Crafts• Entertainment: Music &
Dancing• Waiters, Chefs• Brazilian style snacks, wines• Memorabilia: toys, city items• Clothes: caps, T-shirts,
• Cleaning materials• Maps, booklets• Football items for locals• Décor for new B&B’s: carpets,
curtains, furniture• Promotional gifts, visual
branding, point of sale materials
• We are aware that the answer to success lies in training.
• And we need to define clear rules and strategies to forecast possible problems and obstacles.
Lico Reis Consultoria & Línguas
Roberto Lico Reis
E-books: www.migre.me/oQ5Linkedin: www.migre.me/1d9r