Collaboration Draft v1
Embed Size (px)
Text of Collaboration Draft v1
- 1. Help Wanted!
- This is my planning for a 15 minute presentation on using technology for collaboration in the classroom
- So get collaborating already!
- I have a backup of this file locally, so feel free to edit, comment on , add, remove, suggest or anything else
- You can email me ( [email_address] ) or Tweet (@mwclarkson) if you want editing rights
2. Collaboration in Education
- Practical Ideas - Anecdotal Experience
Mark Clarkson, Teacher of ICT 3. Straight Into It
- Two favourite, but different tools:
4. Anatomy of a Wiki
- A simple website that anyone can edit
- Can embed a variety of content
5. Useful for...
- Building up a bank of knowledge
- Creating an online Text Book
- Structured information(@NeilAdam)
6. More examples 7. Some ideas...
- Learn by researching / writing
- Learn by reviewing / peer assessment
- One - at - a - time editing
- Works best with a range of topics
- SIMULTANEOUS collaboration
9. There must be another way!
- The ugliest and most useful group productivity app weve seen
- Text based SIMULTANEOUS collaboration
- No login, no need to save
- Live typing & collaboration
- Chat window for use as a backchannel
11. Excellent for...
- Maximum 8 connected users
- Risk of inappropriate use (see point 1)
- Risk of deletion/malicious editing
13. Some examples
- Put some Wouldnt It Be Great work here...
14. Additional Tools
- Google Docs - share and work on documents, spreadsheets & presentations
- Twiddla and Skrbl - graphical tools similar to Etherpad
- VoiceThread - Collaborative discussion as text, audio and/or video
- This slide is not part of the presentation but a place for some thoughts
- Not discussed the importance of WHEN to collaborate, when NOT to, communication skills, importance of the aim over the tool, examples of Twiddla, GDocs et al
- How to present - Keynote, Prezi, Slideshare...
- Have lots of e.g.s for Wikis and Epads to include at end