1. Today : Warm-Up Review Questions from Last Test Distribution Prep for Tues. Test 9/18/14
2. 5 Most Missed Questions from Last Test: 55% 5) Nineteen less than a number is 29 42% 4) - 10 + 14 + ( - 3) + ( - 12 ) A) -1 B) -11 C) 11 D) 17 E) None 41% Five less than twice a number A) 5x 2 B) 5 2x C) 2x 5 D) 2x + 5 E) None
3. 5 Most Missed Questions from Last Test: 2) A) x 2y + 1 B) 7x 2y + 1 C) - 2y + 7x + 1 D) -7x 2y + 1 E) None 38% 36% Six times the difference of twice a number and 4. A) 4x + 2 B) 6(2x)-4 C) (2x + 4) D) 6(2x + 4) E)None
4. Start at the top of the next blank page in your notebook and add todays date. 1. Solve both: 8 Warm-Up & 8 ? 2. Whats different about the multiplication and division 3. Solve, in writing, not verbally, 12 4. Solve: x + = 1 5. Solve: x + 3 = 6 2 in prob. 1 from the usual and ? Writing & Solving Equations 1. Four times Greg's age, decreased by 3 is equal to 3 times Greg's age increased by 7. How old is Greg? 2. In a student election, 584 students voted for one or the other of two candidates for president. If the winner received 122 more votes than the loser, how many votes were cast for each candidate?
5. Warm-Up Start on the back of the page you just used. 1. Write a one step equation using addition or subtraction. 2. REWRITE the original equation, 3. REWRITE the above equation, then make this an equation with distribution. Solve. 4. REWRITE... then make this an equation with a coefficient on one side, and a fractional coefficient on the other. Solve. Solve the equation with each step on a different line. Make your solution large and easy to read. Solve. then make it a two-step equation by including a coefficient. (can be + or -). Solve
6. Class Work: Seek help if you are not sure You Must show all work to receive credit