One of the most important new features that came with the new Windows 8 OS is the introduction of a new API called Windows Runtime (WinRT). This new API allows us to create Windows apps, a new type of applications built specifically for the new Windows Modern UI. If you are a SharePoint developer you are probably wondering how you can use this new Windows app model to extend your SharePoint solutions? That is what we will investigate in this session. First we will go through the fundamentals of building a Windows app. Then we will see how we can consume the data from SharePoint and leverage its features from those apps to build a new generation of bussiness applications. Borislav Grgi
1. When Windows 8 Apps meet SharePoint BORISLAV GRGI, PERPETUUM MOBILE SHAREPOINT AND PROJECT CONFERENCE ADRIATICS 2013 ZAGREB, NOVEMBER 27-28 2013
3. Show me some hands How many of you are using Windows 8? Does anybody have Windows 8 device? (something like Surface) Any Windows 8 developers in the house?
4. Agenda What are Windows Store Apps? How do they work? What do they have to do with SharePoint ? Building an App for SharePoint - Demo
5. What are Windows Store Apps?
6. What are Windows Store Apps?
7. Windows Store
8. What makes them run?
11. Whats different? Sandbox Out of sync C#: async, await, IAsyncResult WinJS : Promises Lifecycle Storage Device features
12. Why use them for SharePoint? Consume information Display data Mobility Device features Everybody love touchscreen Windows Store make some money
13. How do they communicate? Client object model REST/oDATA Web service (.asmx)
14. BUILDING AN APP FOR SHAREPOINT
16. What do we need? Windows 8 Visual studio 2012 SharePoint
17. questions? MYSHAREPOINTINSIGHT.BLOGSPOT. COM
18. thank you. SHAREPOINT AND PROJECT CONFERENCE ADRIATICS 2013 ZAGREB, NOVEMBER 27-28 2013