In todays multi-channel customer communication management environment defining, collecting, analyzing, and acting on metrics is critical. How do you approach creating and utilizing metrics in your multi-channel CCM campaigns?
- 1. Insights 2011 Las Vegas If You Can't Measure It, You Can't Fix It.Metrics as a Component of CCM 8 June 2011
- President, Xplor International
- Rob Williams, CMDSM, EMCM
- Continuum Worldwide, Director, Regional Operations
- Stephen Poe, EDP, CSM, CSPO
- Nautilus Solutions, Principal
- Gimbel & Associates, President
Slide2011 Xplor International 3. Stephen D. Poe Principal, Nautilus Solutions Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 4. A Multi-Channel World
- Average consumer (developed country)
- Traditional direct mail physical address
Source: InfoTrends, InfoStats Email Update, 12 January 2011 Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 5. Multi-Channel Customer Communication Today
- Current marketing campaigns
- Use 2.7 channels (average)
- Not communicating well, consistently, or across all channels
Source: InfoTrends, InfoStats Email Update, 12 January 2011 Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 6. All Customer Communications
- Following the same multi-channel route
- Hardcopy, Web, email, mobile, IVR
- Customers require communications
- How do you monitor different communication channels?
- Which are more effective for which customer segments?
Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 7. New/Different Metrics
- Each new channel introduces new metrics; e.g.,
- Smart phone click-through rate
- Mobile phone text response rate
- Survey response rate hardcopy vs. Web vs mobile
- Facebook application sign-up rate
- How to not get lost in the weeds?
Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 8. Forrester Three-Level Metrics Source: Social Media Marketing Metrics That Matter, Forrester, 2011 Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 9. Multi-Channel CCM Metrics
- Who are your target customers?
- What metrics are appropriate for them?
- Different metric case studies:
- New car insurance offering targeted to under-30 early adopters with an emphasis on mobile channels
- Explain multiple electric plan offerings to households with an emphasis on Facebook
- Financial cross-sell offering targeted to over 50 high wealth individuals mostly by mail
Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 10. Multi-channel CCM Metrics
- Ultimately, back to the same old questions:
- Did the campaign meet its goals?
- Has it increased Customer Lifetime Value?
- Has it resulted in higher cross-sell?
- Or in a higher average number of products per customer?
Slide2011 Stephen D. Poe 11. Audience Q&A
- What metrics have you used?
Slide2011 Xplor International 12.
Slide2011 Xplor International Skip Henk Xplor International +1-813-929-8100 firstname.lastname@example.org Stephen D. Poe, EDP Nautilus Solutions +1.214.532.0443 [email_address] Rob Williams Continuum Worldwide +1. 402-344-2679 [email_address] Roger Gimbel Gimbel & Associates +1. 646-472-1936 [email_address]