1. Social Media: Making a conversation BIGGER A measurable, UNLIMITED form of
3. Where do I start? What do I want from Social Media? Do I have achievable goals? BrandAwareness ClearKPIs
4. Where do I start? Which platform is best for me? Where is my target market? B2B B2C
6. Facebook 11 years old this year Originally created as a way for students to keep in touch across universities: like a yearbook hence facebook Great way for friends, family and communities to stay in touch Share what youre up to by writing a status, posting photos, message your friends and family One in five website page views in the United States occurs on Facebook.
7. Facebook The largest main Social Media platform 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up. 1.39 (and counting) billion active users One in five website page views in the United States occurs on Facebook. Growing audiences in women 45+
8. Facebook Profile Page
9. Profile: YOU A person A personal capacity Page: A business A company Or you as a sole trader
10. Facebook Products Good Female audiences Fun/friendlyPersonable Flexible pricing and in depth advertising
11. Twitter A Micro-blogging platform Designed to share short snippets of information or tweets Limited to 140 characters Most updates are fully public low privacy Access to information
12. What is a hashtag? A word or phrase with the # symbol put in front of it. Once typed these are clickable and searchable When clicked they will lead you to ANYONE using the same hashtag For example: #TalkingSocialMedia #Cardiff
13. Twitter B2B and B2C More even gender balance Needs regular updates Great for listening Advertising is less flexible and intuitive
14. LinkedIn Predominantly Business to Business The worlds largest professional social network 277% more effective at generating leads than Facebook and Twitter Great for building one to one relationships You can message out freely to your contacts
15. LinkedIn B2B More even gender balance Fill your profile with good keywords What will people search for when they need you? Advertising is less flexible and intuitive
16. Mimic real life: meetings, testimonials and networking Educate your audience on your subject Link to your website or Calls-To- Action Conversation is KEY They want to know youre BUSY and therefore CREDIBLE This establishes you as KNOWLEDGABLE This cuts down their customer journey Establishes you as approachable and makes sales far EASIER What do I post? Why will anyone care?
17. We have a saying: Move fast and break things. The idea is that if you never break anything, youre probably not moving fast
18. Do one thing at a time Do it well Transfer your skills
19. Think before you speak Always Proof Read!
20. Youtube Instagram Pinterest Vine Google+
21. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-65 year age bracket Middle-aged women now dominate the online gaming market The 4554 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+. A few unexpected facts.
22. Being found on Social Media isnt LUCKY It takes work and it takes time But most importantly it takes the confidence in putting yourself out there!
23. #Toptips Plan ahead using Hootsuite, Buffer or your own calendar Remember visually stimulating posts receive far higher engagement Include website links wherever possible to increase your impact on Google Search rankings The average lifetime or a tweet is only 18 minutes