A slide show made to spread the awareness of Organ Donation in India and how it could save thousands of lives if only people were aware and leave their religious rituals behind.
Text of Organ Donation Awareness
2. The Transplantation of Human Organs Act, 1994 Legalised
Brain Death and removal of organs for therapeutic purposes. Banned
commercial trading of organs from living unrelated donors.
3. Living Donors Cadaver Donors
4. Brain Death Cardiac Death
5. Lethal Head Injury Brain Hemorrhage Brain death is
Irreversible Loss of Consciousness Absence of Respiration Flat EEG
Loss of Brain Stem Reflexes
8. A Brain Dead Patient is always in the Intensive Care Unit of
the Hospital A Brain Dead Patient is always in the Intensive Care
Unit of the Hospital Blood Pressure and Respiration are
9. Lungs Heart Liver Kidneys Intestine Pancreas
10. Cornea Skin Bone Marrow Middle Ear Heart Valves Tendon
Other Organs (Each)
600 150 300 100
13. Spreading awareness about Cadaver Organ Donation by
initiating One to One and / or Group talks with ..
Social Organisations like LIONS, ROTARY, Etc.
15. Offers Hope when Living Related Donor Not Suitable.
Recipient avoids psycho-social burden of living Donor. Only chance
of Life for Heart, Lungs, Liver, etc Patients. Donor Families find
Meaning in their Loss.
17. Share Your Life Share Your Decision Sign a Donor Card
19. Dr. Bharat Shah Dr. Mita Shah Mrs. Ridhika Tulsiani Mr.
Rajni Dhuwad Mrs. Zamurrud Patel Ms. Jyoti Nagda Mrs. Jigna N.
Agarwal Ms. Parmeet Arora Mr. Mohanlal Shah Mr. Dayanand Shetty Mr.
Mahendra Mehta Mrs. Divya Doshi Mrs. Ranjan Nandu Mr. Kiran
Lokhande Mr. Ashish Mangal Committee Members B-4, Shilpa Apts., Dr.
Charatsingh Colony, Nr. R.B.I. Quarters, A.G. Link Road, Chakala,
Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 093, India Tel: +91 (22) 2825 4147 Email:
[email protected] Webiste: www.narmadakidney.org