2. PRESNETED BY
07/29/10 3. H I S T O R Y O F G O O G L E
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin
- PhD students of Stanford university
- having different family backgrounds.
- Despite the earlier difference between
- them, they connected well, why?
07/29/10 4. H I S T O R Y O F G O O G L E
07/29/10 LARRY PAGE ANALYZE WEB LIK AS RESEARCH CAME WITH A THEORY OF COUNTING NO. OF LINKS OF A WEBSITE A WAY OF COUNTING WEBSITES POPULARITY PAGE RANK SYSTEM 5. 07/29/10 WHAT DOES GOOGLE MEAN? Derived from a mathematical word calledGOOGOL Meaning number equal to1followed by 100 zeros IN 1997 A PRIMATIVE SEARCH ENGINE WAS MADE BACKRUB LATER RENAMED TO GOOGLE 6. g o o l e . s t a n f o r d . e d u
- In 1997 Google was disclosed to the student
- Its popularity grew by word of mouth.
07/29/10 7. 07/29/10 ADVANTAGE OFG O O G L E
- Rejection to buy Google by Yahoo and Alta Vista
- Andy Bechtolsheim, founder of Sun Microsystem made
- a cheque of100,000in favor of Google.inc without
- knowing that it doesn't exist.
- Page and Brin rented a garage and room and started
- Bechtolsheim , Cheriton, and other angel investors
07/29/10 G O O G L E . i n c 9.
- The divide and conquerstrategy enabled
- Google to raise fund $25M in May 1999 with
- John Doerr of Kleiner Pperkins and Michael Moitz
- The Google guys expanded there network they
- hired more talented engineers and built more
- computers for there database.
07/29/10 G O O G L EFUND RAISING 10. 07/29/10 COMPETITORS
- The number of users of Google were increasing day
- Millions of people were searching every day and
- thousands were searching every second.
- By 2001 Google was coming in 66 languages .
07/29/10 G O O G L EGOING GLOBAL 12. 07/29/10 G O O G L EAND FESTIVALS 13.
- Employees were labored for long hours but they
- Free meals, healthy juices and a lots of snack.
- Services like laundry, hairs styling, dental and medical care, a car wash and fitness facilities
- Beach volleyball, football, roller hockey and may more games were played by googlers.
- Google work environment was fun rather work.
07/29/10 G O O G L EAND EMPLOYEES 14.
- Google at Stanfords home football games .
- Google T-shirts, caps lamps, etc.
07/29/10 G O O G L EPROMOTION 15. 07/29/10 G O O G L EAND BUSINESS 16.
- Eric Schmidt the CEO of Goggle made it possible
- for Google to provide there results to :
- According to him in a fast growing market, it was
- better to work together to grow the market than
- to kill the competitors and shrink the market.
07/29/10 CEO OFG O O G L E 17. 07/29/10 SERVICES OFG O O G L E 18. 07/29/10 SERVICES OFG O O G L E Search your own computer Search for images on the web Fast, searchable email with less spam IM and call your friends through your computer Receive news and search results via email 19. FUTURE ANDG O O G L E
- Google is teaming up withCraig Venter
- (biologist who decoded the Human GENOME)
- to use Google's vast computer power to
- unlock biological mysteries, and may be help
07/29/10 20. 07/29/10