Slides from Andy's briefing to the SMDL participants on how to live tweet. Attendees also heard a talk from Nathalie Walker, CJBS's Head of External Affairs which they live-tweeted using the #CJBSsmdl hashtag.
1. Social Media Driving Licence Tweet-a-thon! Andy Priestner Georgina Cronin with special guest: Nathalie Walker Week 4
2. Understanding why people live-tweet Learning how to live-tweet Understanding more about hashtags Learning more about how to craft tweets Session objectives
3. Why live-tweet?
4. Record the event / electronic note-keeping Share the event with a wider audience Promote the host/conference Observe instant response to the content Offer your views / demonstrate your understanding Gain more followers Stop you day-dreaming Why live-tweet?
5. What are the downsides?
6. Really tiring Miss content Only soundbites end up as tweets External audience can misunderstand Distractions and lure of the backchannel Dreadful photos Annoying other people at the event Annoying your followers Downsides?
7. Hashtag & Prizes
8. #CJBSsmdl Prizes: Best tweet Most RTd tweet Team with the most tweets Hashtag & Prizes
9. Over to Nathalie
10. How did you get on?
11. Blog about your experience of live-tweeting Share your blogpost on twitter Look back over the tweets and RT or Favourite tweets you like Prepare for Week 5 Watch the Week 5 playlist on YouTube: http://bit.ly/week5youtube Listen to the Week 5 podcasts on Audioboo: http://bit.ly/week5podcasts Read Anges Storify on Chris Hopes research paper: http://bit.ly/storifychope Read Georginas Storify on the Chinese Dream Forum: http://bit.ly/storifyCDF Tasks
12. IMAGE CREDITS Flickr Creative Commons Why Live-Tweet?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linhngan/3101950593/ (inh.ngan) What are the downsides?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joanne_lummy/3736089940/ (joannelummy) Hashtag and Prizes: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14296351@N00/9741003119/ (Kejava) Over to Nathalie: https://audioboo.fm/boos/939678-nathalie-walker-alumni-relations-fundamentals (CASE_Europe) How did you get on? http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecampbells/5042764163/ (shawncampbell)
13. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License