3. ICT Dimensions ICT for ICT forvisualising creating thinking ICT for communicating
4. INTRODUCTION Computer applications like graphics softwares ,online videos ,excel ,PowerPoint ,e learning materialsetc have important role in the economics teaching andlearning processes but still most of the teachers areusing the conventional methods through this modernmethods technological natives (students) canunderstand complicated economics concepts andtheories easily.
5. POWER POINTPower point is very useful application softwarein economics teaching just like any othersubjects it makes class room more interesting andjoyful. it makes graphs and diagrams moreinterestingIt makes economic tables more interestingand easy to understandExamples-
6. RELATION BETWEEN TP AND MP TP increases at increasing rate as long as MP rises TP increases at diminishing rate when MP falls but positive When MP is zero TP attain its maximum level. TP starts to decline when MP becomes negative. TP
7. FIND AP AND MPX TP AP MP1 10 - 102 24 14 123 39 13 154 56 14 175 70 14 14
8. ExcelMicrosoft Excel is a spreadsheet program that originally competed with the dominantLotus 1-2-3, but eventually outsold it. It is available for the Windows and MacplatformsExcel can use to do different mathematical functions and graphs related toeconomics very easilyFor example :Total productAverage productMarginal product Total costAverage costMarginal costTotal revenue average revenueMarginal revenueTotal fixed costTotal variable costMPCAVCMPS
9. Educational Animations and GraphicsEducational animations are animations produced for thespecific purpose of fostering learning. Graphics are the representation and manipulation ofimage data by a computer with help from specializedsoftware and hardware. the educational animations and graphics are veryuseful computer tools in the economics teaching andlearning complicated economics diagrams can easily explainwith animations and graphicsExample :
11. Online Video TutorialsIn recent times the online video tutorials also very useful onein economics Learning and teaching especially YouTube. YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by threeformer PayPal employees in February 2005, on which userscan upload, view and share videos. The company is based inSan Bruno, California, and uses Adobe Flash Video andHTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generatedvideo content, including movie clips, TV clips, and musicvideos, as well as amateur content such as video blogging andshort original videos.Example :