dictionarypeneraserruler Whats this in English? Its a / an bookpencil boxpencilschoolbag
Whats that? Its a ______.tablePresentation
Wheres Tom? Its in the case.Im Tom.wheres = where is
Wheres Tom? Its on the case.Wheres Tom? Its under the case.
1. table __2. bed __3. bookcase __4. sofa __5. chair __6. schoolbag __7. books __8. keys __behgdabc1a. Match the words with the things in the picture.
1b. Listen and number the things in the picture [1-4].234
1c. Practice the conversation in 1a with your partner. Then make your own conversations.
Where are my books?Theyre on the sofa.Wheres my pencil box?Its in your schoolbag.Wheres my computer game?Its under your bed.
A: Wheres the ?B: Its Wheres the pencil?Its in the pencil box.
Where are the ?They are Where are the keys?They are on the table.
Ask and answer in pairs.
2a. Listen and number the things [1-6].23456
2b. Listen again. Find the things from 2a and number the things in the picture.23456
Ask and answer the questions about the things in the picture in 2b.
Are the keys on the sofa?No, they arent. Theyre on the table.
Read the dialogue in 2d. Then match the right things. on his desk on the sofaon grandparents bedon his headJacks map hat bagReading
2d. Role-play the conversation. Practice
Mom: Come on, Jack!Jack: Oh, no! Wheres my bag?Mom: Hmm is it on your desk?Jack: No. And its not under the chair.Mom: Oh! Its on the sofa.Jack: Thank you, Mom. Err wheres the map?Mom: I think its in your grandparents room.Jack: Yes, its on their bed! And my hat?Mom: Its on your head!Jack: Oh, yeah! Haha!
Explanation1. where where where Wheres the schoolbag? Its under the table.
underinon2. in / on / underThe ball is on the box. The ball is under the box. The ball is in the box.
A VS B
There are five differences in the two pictures.Can you findthem?ABIn picture A, is/are on/in/underIn picture B
They are under the chair.
2. My clock is on the table.
3. His keys are in the drawer.
4. Tommy is at school.
5. Annas books are on the bookcase. Where are they?Wheres your clock?Where are his keys?Wheres Tommy?Where are Annas books?
1. The baseball is under the chair. ( __ ___ ________ under the chair?2. The keys are on the table. ( ____ ____ ____ on the table?Is the baseballAre the keys
3. Are the pencils in the backpack? ( ___, ____ _______.4. The backpack is under the table. ______ ___ the backpack?No they arentWhere is
1. ______ ___ the books? ____ ___ ___ the bookcase. Are the pencils on the bookcase? ___, ____ ____.2. ______ ____ the baseball? Its _____ ____ _____. Is the pencil box in the drawer? No, __ _____. Its ____ ___ _____Where areThey are onWhere isYes they areunder the chairit isnt on the chair.
Homework1. in, on, under2. Preview Section A 3c.