3701 Parkhurst Way, Perry Hall, MD 21236 | 410-935-6631 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY - Interdisciplinary English & Writing Major with strong analytical and oratorical skills. Published writer
with a passion for literacy and education advocacy. Skilled in creative problem-solving methods and literary analysis, summary, and presentation.
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY | BALTIMORE, MD
Graduation Date: May 2018 GPA: 3.77 Deans List Scholar Fall 2014 Fall 2015
EMPLOYMENT - Macys Department Store of White Marsh (May 2014 Present). Sales Associate in the Womens
Shoes Department. This position requires constant interaction with customers to purchase/order shoes, a large product knowledge base, and a detail-oriented work style in order to make sure product displays are neat and organized.
- Work Study Office Assistant in the Teacher Education Department of Loyola University Maryland (August 2015 Present). This position requires computer literacy in all Microsoft Office programs, creative thinking and design skills in order to advertise for the department, and strong communication skills to answer phones, co-ordinate events, and assist professors and visitors to the office.
- Work Study Office Assistant in the Psychology Office of Loyola University Maryland (Fall 2014). This position included duties such as making copies, scanning and sending documents to professors, creating surveys for professors, and interacting with office visitors in order to answer questions or direct them to professors in the department.
- RPG Print & Promotionals (January 2009 May 2014). Family-run business. Time was allotted after school multiple days a week to collate, package, and deliver jobs to clients. This was a non-paid position.
- Residence Hall Association President of the Charleston Area of Loyola Universitys Campus (Summer 2015 - Present). This position required me to build a team of residents committed to planning and executing diverse, inclusive, and entertaining events for the roughly 600 students in my area. This requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advertising Committee Chair and General Member of Loyola Universitys Active Minds Chapter (Fall 2014-Present). This organization works to reduce stigma surrounding mental illness in our world, our society, and especially in our community. Last year we held many successful events such as sponsoring guest speakers and leading authors in the mental health field, holding fundraisers to raise awareness, and partnering with the Counseling Center to promote events for stress-less week during mid-terms and finals.
- Participated in multiple theatrical productions at Loyola University (Spring Fall 2015). Productions ranged from One-Act shows cast and directed by fellow Loyola students to the starring role in The Evergreen Players production of Clybourne Park. I had to coordinate my schedule around finals, general course load, and work at Macys to rehearse and perfect these plays.
VOLUNTEER WORK - Service-Learning position with Maryland New Directions, a nonprofit organization that assists low-
income Baltimore residents in job training and placement (Spring 2016). Assisted in writing biographies of clients, website updates, a full newsletter, and proposals to outside organizations for support.
- Volunteer at Soccer Without Borders in Baltimore (Spring 2015). Assisted refugee youth in afterschool academic tutoring and English language games as an Academic Coach.
- Volunteer at Sheppard Pratt (Summer 2013). Assisted psychiatrists on various wards with rounds and spent time in the Day Hospital interacting with and entertaining patients.