Fast Growth for Start Ups
This is a talk I gave in 2010 as part of E-Innovate or Bust! series of talks for entrepreneurs. All rights reserved.
- 1. Fast-growth strategies to sky-rocket your start-up business
- Intro to my companyMimimyne.com
- How I found my target market
To showcase the best sustainable designs in clothes, toys and furnishings for children produced in the UK and Europe. 3. How I found my target market
- 'Mums shopping online'. I created a market research questionnaire usingSurveyMonkeyand got 100 Netmums to answer it as part of a competition.
- Researched business plan atBritish Library Business and IP Centreand had up to date statistics on the industry.
- UsedGoogle Analyticsfrom day one to get to know my customers better.
- I run competitions, give aways and survey my customers so I can stay in touch! I use SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp and my Facebook Business Page for these.
4. Who is Mimimynes Customer?
- She is female, graduate-educated, aged 25-45 and shops from her workplace (Alexa.com)
- She likes funky, pop and fun designs (Netmums survey)
- She is often on MySpace, more than on Facebook (Mailchimp)
- She often lives in a city (Google Analytics)
5. Where is everyone?
- How Youtube can help you get attention http://www.youtube.com/mimimyne (500+ views)
- Google Places for bricks and mortar business http ://www.google.com/ local
- Google Merchant Centre for ecommerce http://www.google.com/ merchants
- You should also try Google Webmaster Tools http : //www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Why a Facebook Business Page is SO important http://www.facebook.com/mimimyne
- Why Twitter isn't a waste of time! 3000+ followers http://twitter.com/mimimyne
- Don't forget LinkedIn: list your company AND your profile. Try LinkedIn Questions and Answers to raise your profile if you provide services or are a B2B
- Join the dots: get your social media profiles talking to each other and AUTOMATE (Use Hootsuite, TweetDeck etc)
- Mimimyne was launched in 2008. Since then it has increased site traffic to 3000+ visits pcm from 400 pcm.
- Mimimyne has an online fanbase of 3500+ including Twitter followers, Facebook fans and newsletter subscribers.
- Mimimyne was a Finalist in the Remote Worker awards, the Mumpreneur Awards, the Make Your Mark in the Markets Awards and the London Business Awards in 2010.
- Mimimyne was a British Library Business and IP Centre success story in 2010.
8. Top Tips
- Twitter/Facebook:Link your Facebook Page and Twitter account (do this on Facebook when setting up your Page).
- Blog:Get your business blog linked to Twitter so posts are tweeted automatically (you can do this using Twitterfeed)
- Import your blogs RSS feed to your FB Page as Notes.
- Shop:I export my shop to Facebook using ShopTab.
- Get your own Facebook Page and Account vanity URLs fromwww.facebook.com/username /
- You can create PPC (pay per click) ads on Facebook to drive traffic to your Facebook Page. Competitions also work well.
9. Stay in touch!
- Friend me online atwww.facebook.com/tabithapottsandwww.facebook.com/mimimyne
- Follow me on Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/mimimyne
- Join the Tower Hamlets Business Mums Club for networking coffee mornings in East London
- Scan the image below if you have a smartphone with a bar code scanner to add my details automatically