- 1. The Diary of a Young GirlAnne Frank
Author:Otto H. Frank and MirjamPressler
2. The Secret Annex-
Office of Kugler and Kleiman
Approximately 33% of the worlds population of Jews were slaughtered by, what we call, the Holocaust.In that percentage were seven of the eight Jewish occupants of what would become the notorious Secret Annex.Little Anne Frank was only 13 years old when she first entered the Secret Annex that would be her prison for two years and a month. The emotions, hormones, and lessons of a teenage girl were expressed through this one book that came directly from the pen of the first person. Her English wasnt perfect, in this edition, her text wasnt edited, and in the beginning, she wasnt exactly the nicest person on earth. But as times went on, she realized the full effect of family and friends. Going through hiding where no one knows where you are, showed her the world didnt revolve around her and showed her the true value of family and later onlove.
3. Toward the end of her time in the Secret Annex, Anne and her younger child-hood sweetheart would fall back in love only to be separated again in a very short while.
Anne Franks last picture
The last and only known picture of PETER VAN DAAN (PELS)
4. Its important to note that the people of this time are more than a few survivors. We take advantage of the education we get, but is it really an education if we remain ignorant within our cultural ways? Medical Experiments were performed on hundreds of thousands of people with the knowledge that it would never help the medical fielddo we care?
5. If You have a weak stomach or cant handle the thought of death, you might want to look awayIn fact I strongly advise it
6. The only way to honor them now, is to listen
7. 8. Original diary
Anne Franks last entry was
Tuesday, August 1,1944.
On August 4, 1944 all of the eight were arrestedsomeone had tipped off the officials (still unknown who did it). They took all valuables, but left the book as refuse and it was undiscovered until after the war by her father who, to her wishes, published her diary.
At age 15 Anne was forced to strip down and shave her head and undergo severe antiseptic procedures. Peter was forced to march for the Germans until he was also later taken to Auschwitz.
9. Only one
Otto Frank was the only one to survive. He searched for his family for years, but consulted with inmates and was told of their deaths. Edith Frank had starved herself by giving her food rations to her daughters.
10. Three of the eight didnt pass inspection including Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan and Dussels. They were immediately sent to the gassing chambers and cremated, after a purification process that caused them to be stripped, shaved, and cleaned. Peter Van Daan was sent there after he was forced to march in a German march, which was three days before the gas chambers were dismantled.This was not included in the book.
Gassing chambers at Auschwitz
11. Death of the Sisters
Margot Frank died from the typhus epidemic at Auschwitz
Anne was constantly at her sisters bedside and 3 days later died from the same.
12. Why This Book?
Many people died from the Holocaust andsorrowfulemotions were constantly something all Jews dealt with, but knowing the true thoughts and feelings of them gives you a little of the people and makes it seem as though you knew them. But then again, that comes at a price
405,000 people who were tattooed 65,000 survived at these camps
13. Anne Frank was a REAL girl with REAL emotionsHistory books just dont do REAL people justice.
Why This Book?
14. Who will sing my song...when I am silentWho will count the colors of the dawnWho will follow the larks flightWho will sing its song.....when I am silentwho will cry for me?
-For the girl at Auschwitz
Joan C. Varner