2. What makes social media work... Meet your customers where they are 1 Listen to their conversations and engage with them 2 Allow content to flow and be repurposed 3
3. Breaking Social Media down What are the strategies?
4. Site wide links to your company Social Media pages pop them in the header, footer or side panel. 1. Network presence
5. 2. Content Sharing Your users can distribute your content through their networks
6. 3. Social Platform Integration
7. Pull Friends and your Facebook page wall posts into website as widget Show your recent content that people have shared on Facebook 3. Social Platform Integration
8. 3. Social Platform Integration
9. 4. Social Media Aggregation
10. Foursquare & Facebook Places are examples of systems where can earn custom badges by checking into a location.E.g. You get a badge with the Red Cross each time you donate. 5. Social Location Sharing
11. 5. Social Location Sharing
12. 6. Social Development Squiz will demonstrate its solution to social development at our user conference this year.
13. 7. Social Promotion Tweet #CrustFreeFriday and go into the draw for 5 free pizzas.
14. 8. Social Publication By making your content freely available for others to aggregate or by inviting others to contribute their content to a aggregator, you can create more value than the sum of the parts eghttp://eq.org.nz
15. Managing your conversations
16. An integrated landscape Source: Altimeter Group 2010
17. 7.30Breakfast & registration8.00 IntroductionJohn-Paul Syriatowicz, Managing Director, Squiz Australia 8.05 Social media planning in organisationsBelinda Heit, Manager - Social Media Services, RACQ 8.20 8 Social media strategies John-Paul Syriatowicz, Managing Director, Squiz Australia 8.35 Social Andrew Dunbar, Web Business Manager, Edith Cowan University 8.50 Interactive session3 groups / 8 minutes 9.20 Group Q&A + closing remarks9.30 Optional: Squiz product and service demo
18. Andrew Dunbar Social circle & social aggregationBelinda Heit Social media planning J-P Syriatowicz Collaboration technologies within organisations Interactive Sessions