Text of Greenpeace environment session brai september (1)
1. Greenpeace Environment Awareness Session
2. An Independent Global Campaigning Organization That Acts to Change Attitudes and Behavior To Protect and Conserve the Environment and Promote Peace. Campaigning against Environmental Degradation since 1971 Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific. R E A D Who is Greenpeace?
3. Asking Facebook to Unfiend Coal http://youtu.be/QPty-ZLbJt0 Climate Change: Human Voices http://youtu.be/1mywq5MRYRU Fools for Forests http://youtu.be/Y3K3nCB132o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXZQJoALlC8 E-Waste http://youtu.be/4mLtheejM30 Give Earth a Hand http://youtu.be/Ep9MFiWXR8M Learn About Genetic Engineering http://youtu.be/1H9WZGKQeYg Why Six Indians Went to Jail http://youtu.be/tNSEkVwJ85o Get Involved Whats YOUR Role? http://youtu.be/jI-d4tNEPUw W A T C H Who is Greenpeace?
4. Campaigning to get Facebook to drop coal and commit to 100 percent renewable energy. Solving the issue of "bijli for the aamadmi. Campaigning for decentralized renewable energy as a means to deliver energy justice to thepeople Replacing Fossil fuels with clean smart energy
5. Giving Life to Our Soils Saying No to Genetically Engineered Food We have been pushing the Government to encourage farmers to use organic fertilizers and adapt ecologically sustainable practices like crop rotation
6. Defending our Oceans
7. Taming the silent killer E waste Greenpeace India is working to solve e-waste crisis by pushing electronic manufacturers to accept responsibility of entire life-cycle of their products including end of the life stage
8. Greenpeace Session Details Greenpeace Volunteers will be at your Office to spread awareness about; Environmental Issues: Worried about the state of your environment? Lets talk about the various environmental issues faced by mankind today! Conservation: Do you leave the lights on? Do you delay fixing a water leak? Is your paper consumption on an all time high?There is a lot you can do to conserve. Let Greenpeace tell you how! Our Campaigns: Get to know about us, our campaigns and victories Get Involved: Find out how you can make a difference Environment Awareness Session
9. One of the major challenge we are facing today is safe food. Food safety is a matter of intense public concern, and for good reason. Millions of annual cases of food "poisonings" raise alarm not only about the food served in restaurants and fast-food outlets but also about foods bought in supermarkets."Right to choose safe food is a fundamental right of consumers in a democracy. However, the onslaught of GM crops has been robbing the people of their right to choose. How concerned should we be about such problems? Who is responsible for preventing them? Who benefits from ignoring them? Who decides? When it comes to food safety, billions of dollars are at stake, and industry, government, and consumers collide over issues of values, economics, and political power - and not always in the public interest. The Challenge of Safe Food
10. The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India (BRAI) Bill which is listed to be tabled in Parliament in this session, is a single window clearance for GM crops and this threatens our choice as consumers of safe food. Greenpeace is campaigning to ensure that we have an ideal bio-safety protection regulatory authority to safeguard our food safety and environment in a democratic fashion unlike the BRAI proposals. Be aware, take action. B R A I
11. Pro audio-visual? Learn about Genetically Modified Organisms this short documentaries. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x002lTacQE4 ACTIVITIES
12. ACTIVITIES Stand up and be counted! Sign the Greenpeace petition against BRAI with a simple missed call.
13. ACTIVITIES A presentation on Eco Friendly Cooking Let us tell you how.
14. What we require from you Your support!
One table Space in Cafeteria
15. Logistical Support Laptop / Projector (If Feasible)
Date:One or Two Days in September Duration: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm (We also work in shifts) Nos. of Greenpeace Volunteers: 3-4 approx This Workshop doesnt entail any cost to you. Employees could support our organization by signing petitions, volunteering or even supporting us monetarily. This would be totally a Voluntary Decision of the employee. Kindly Note: We would carry all the materials with us, in case of shortage of quiz papers or newspapers, we request you to provide them..! Greenpeace does not accept funding from corporate, political parties or Government. Greenpeace is run only by individual supporters.
16. Why you should care? "When the last tree is cut, when the last river has been poisoned, when the last fish has been caught, then we will find out that we can't eat money."
17. For any further details and to fix an appointment, kindly contact the Mumbai Outreach Team; Ruth DCostaRichikaPadubidri ((9833713433)(9930759477) Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.greenpeaceindia.org Mumbai Office Address: Flat No.7, 3rd Floor Golwala Apartments Opposite Vihar Hotel Santacruz East, Mumbai 400 055 Tel - 022 2616 2935 / 2610 3943 Thank you