Text of Collaborate 2014 OAUG - EBS 11i Upgrade to R12 - Compare versions 12.2 vs 12.1
1. REMINDER Check in on the COLLABORATE mobile app E-Business Suite 11i Upgrade to 12.1.3 and 12.2.3 - A Technical Comparison Prepared By: Biju Thomas Principal Solutions Architect OneNeck IT Solutions, A TDS Company Session ID#: 14398
2. Speaker Bio Biju Thomas Oracle ACE Principal Solutions Architect OneNeck IT Solutions More than 20 years of Oracle database administration experience. Author of Oracle12c OCA, Oracle11g OCA, co-author of Oracle10g, 9i, 8i certification books published by Sybex/Wiley. Presentations, Articles, Blog, Tweet
3. OneNeck IT Solutions at a Glance Solution line up includes: cloud and hosting solutions, colocation services, managed services, ERP application management, professional services, IT hardware resale and world-class data center facilities Backed by the Fortune 500 strength of Telephone and Data Systems Formed in 2010 through strategic acquisitions ; Doing business since 1993 650+ Employees 450+ Technical Resources 7 Data Centers Offices in 8 States www.oneneck.com We provide end-to-end IT Solutions to mid-market and enterprise companies
4. EBS 12.2.3 Benefits vs 12.1.3 Online Patching Apply patches with almost no downtime Use WebLogic Server Improve system administration and monitoring options. Light weight. GUI. Integrated with OAM. Several new features Many functional enhancements Mobile features Cloning enhancements Install to existing Oracle RDBMS install RAC, ASM support New experience for end users Look and feel enhanced Scrolling features enhanced
5. Comparing 12.2 and 12.1 Against 188.8.131.52
6. EBS 12.x Comparison at a Mile High Significant changes to Financial products, Procurement, Supply Chain, Asset Life Cycle, Human Capital Management. Higher involvement from business and functional analysts required. Technical components and architecture similar to 11i. Several product schemas dropped, few added. 12.1.3 functional changes PLUS Functional enhancements - 12.1 to 12.2 upgrade is minimal impact to business and functional analysts. Technical changes WebLogic Server, Online Patching Several more gone Upgrade to 12.1.3 Upgrade to 12.2.3
7. EBS 12.x Comparison at a Mile High - 2 For direct upgrade to 12.1, instance must be 11.5.9 or higher. + 11i ADI6 One APPL_TOP, INST_TOP Oracle Identity Manager Single Sign-On Oracle Portal 11.2 database nice to have For direct upgrade to 12.2, instance must be 11.5.10 CU2 or higher. + 11i ADI7 Three file systems production, copy for online patching, non-editioned Oracle Access Manager (migrate before 12.2) Oracle WebCenter Portal (migrate before 12.2) 184.108.40.206 database mandatory Upgrade to 12.1.3 Upgrade to 12.2.3
8. EBS 12.x Comparison at a Mile High - 3 Recommended to review customizations Database passwords not Case Sensitive Patch outages depend on size of patch. Context File is the main configuration setup location Smaller learning curve for DBAs Customizations must comply coding standards to utilize Online Patching Supports database password case sensitivity Predictable smaller patch outages FMW setup is outside of Autoconfig Higher learning curve for DBAs Upgrade to 12.1.3 Upgrade to 12.2.3
9. Architecture Differences What DBAs need to Know!
10. Architecture Database Releases 220.127.116.11 12.1.3 12.2.3 9i* 10g* 11g 12c 10.2.0.4+* 18.104.22.168+ 12c 22.214.171.124+ 12c ## 9i and 10g databases are unsupported upgrade to 11gR2+ Note 12.1.0 database is supported on 126.96.36.199, 12.1.3 (and soon on 12.2?) It is best to upgrade database to 11gR2+ even if you are not planning R12.x upgrade immediately.
11. Architecture EBS Stack 8.1.7 Web HTTP Apache Discoverer 4i (Opt) 188.8.131.52 ATS Admin Forms (6i) Concurrent Reports (6i) 10.1.3 Web HTTP Apache OC4J Container Discoverer 10g+ (Opt) 10.1.2 ATS Admin Forms (10g) Concurrent Developer 10.1.2 Fusion MW 11g Oracle HTTP (OHS) WebLogic (WLS) 10.1.2 ATS Admin Forms (10g) Concurrent Developer 10.1.2 184.108.40.206 12.1.3 12.2.3 Jinitiator (or) Sun J2SE Sun J2SE Sun J2SE
12. File System Structure 11i APPL COMN ORA iAS 8.0.6$APPL_TOP $COMMON_TOP $IAS_ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME -- $APPLCSF=$COMMON_TOP/admin/ $JAVA_TOP=$COMMON_TOP/java Product Top=$APPL_TOP/product/11.5.10
14. File System Structure 12.2 inst EBSapps $INST_TOP $FMW_HOME $ORACLE_HOME (tools) $APPL_TOP $COMMON_TOP -- $ORACLE_HOME (wls)= $FMW_HOME/wlserver_10.3 $APPLCSF=$INST_TOP/logs/appl/conc $JAVA_BASE=$COMMON_TOP/java $JAVA_TOP=$JAVA_BASE/classes Product Top= $APPL_TOP/product/12.0.0 appl comn appl Context_Name FMW_Home 10.1.2 The Oracle Application Server 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME replaces the 8.0.6 ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application Server 220.127.116.11.2 in Release 11i. The FMW ORACLE_HOME replaces the OracleAS 10.1.3.-based ORACLE_HOME used in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.x releases prior to 12.2.
15. Upgrading 18.104.22.168 to R12
16. Direct Upgrade to 12.2 Supported Versions 22.214.171.124 12.0.4 12.0.6 12.1.1 12.1.2 12.1.3 12.2.2 12.2.3 12.2.0 11.5.9 CU1 & CU2, 11.5.10 CU1 version can be upgraded to 12.1
17. Upgrading to 12.1.3 High Level Steps Assumptions or Pre-tasks Database already on 11gR2 release 126.96.36.199+ Database already using OATM Applied the 11i.AD.I.6+ Minipack TUMS Patch and Report - lists tasks that you can omit from the upgrade because they do not apply to your system Functional Steps to prepare for upgrade Lay down file system [Rapid Install or Restore] AD Upgrade Driver for 12.1.1 (patch 7461070) American English unified driver (u6678700.drv) Apply latest product patches Ready for 12.1.3
18. Upgrading to 12.1.3 High Level Steps - 2 Upgrade to 12.1.3 Use AutoPatch to apply R12.AD.B.DELTA.3 Patch 9239089 Use AutoPatch to apply Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Patch 9239090 Use AutoPatch to apply the latest consolidated online help Patch 9239095 Post 12.1.3 patches Recently released (Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3+ Recommended Patch Collection 1 (RPC1) (Doc ID 1638535.1) Product specific patches Customization/CEMLI setup Functional Setup, Changes, Configuration Third party tools configuration User validation
19. Upgrading to 12.2.3 High Level Steps -1 Assumptions or Pre-tasks Database already on 11gR2 release 188.8.131.52+ Database already using OATM Applied the 11i.AD.I.7 Minipack Database patches applied per doc Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1) TUMS Patch and Report - lists tasks that you can omit from the upgrade because they do not apply to your system Functional Steps to prepare for upgrade Lay down 12.2 file system [Rapid Install or Restore] AD Upgrade Driver for 12.2 (patch 10117518) Apply Consolidated Upgrade Patches (CUPs) American English unified driver (u10124646.drv) Rapid Install again to Configure Upgraded 12.2.0 Instance
20. Upgrading to 12.2.3 High Level Steps -2 Enable Online Patching Synchronize the secondary file system Apply latest AD and TXK patchsets Consolidated Seed Table Upgrade Patch 17204589 Outage required, shutdown services and start only WebLogic Admin server. Apply R12.AD.C.Delta.3 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.3 Release Update Packs Apply the 12.2.3 Suite-Wide Release Update Pack Prereq: Apply R12.AD.C.Delta.3 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.3 Online patch EBS accessible!
21. Upgrading to 12.2.3 High Level Steps -3 Synchronize file systems (adop phase=fs_clone) Apply any product patches online Customization setup must comply online patching requirements Functional Setup Third party tools configuration User validation