- Top nuggets from Growth Hacking Marketing by @RyanHoliday
Top nuggets from Growth Hacking Marketing by @RyanHoliday
- 1. Ryan Holiday We all want to do more with less. For marketers and entrepreneurs, that paradox is practically our job description.
- 2. Ryan Holiday A growth hacker doesn't see marketing as something one does but rather as something one builds into the product itself.
- 3. Ryan Holiday What growth hackers do is focus on the 'who' and 'where' more scientifically, in a more measurable way.
- 4. Ryan Holiday You know what the single worst marketing decision you can make is? Starting with a product nobody wants or nobody needs.
- 5. Ryan Holiday Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd.
- 6. Ryan Holiday Once we bring our first customers in, our next move is to set about turning them into an army.
- 7. Ryan Holiday You should not just encourage sharing but create powerful incentives to do so.
- 8. Ryan Holiday Many start-ups owe their now-massive user bases to thoughtful integration with big platforms.
- 9. Ryan Holiday A growth hacker will look for ways to get social currency for free.
- 10. Ryan Holiday Dedicated and happy users are marketing tools in and of themselves.
- 11. Get more nuggets: www.GetNugget.co
- 12. Ryan Holiday If you've built in viral features, the more your users stick, the more it will spread.
- 13. Ryan Holiday The role of the growth hacker is to ruthlessly optimize incoming traffic for success.
- 14. Ryan Holiday The focus needs to be on improving customer retention.
- 15. Ryan Holiday Raw growth is great, but at the end of the day, we're running businesses here. We want to turn stats into dollars.
- 16. Ryan Holiday Retention trumps acquisition.
- 17. Ryan Holiday When your product is actually relevant and designed for a specific audience, bloggers love to write about you.
- 18. Ryan Holiday It's up to us to optimize our product around  customers and their needs.
- 19. Ryan Holiday We no longer have an excuse for expensive, indulgent mistakes. The alternative is too easy and too reliable.
- 20. Ryan Holiday Growth hacking really is a mindset rather than a tool kit. And if you leave this book with one thing, it should be that mindset.
- 21. Ryan Holiday Lesson: Cheaply test your concept, improve it based on feedback, then launch.
- 22. Ryan Holiday Lesson: Reduce barriers to entry; use targeted media and platforms to bring your first users on board.
- 23. Ryan Holiday Lesson: Aim for a wow factor and response from your customers.
- 24. Ryan Holiday Growth hackers obsess about conversion rate.
- 25. Ryan Holiday Growth hacker is an employee with a simple job: growing the business by any means possible.
- 26. Ryan Holiday Growth hackers' main task is to build great marketing ideas into the product during the development process.
- 27. Ryan Holiday Sometimes 'stunts' are a great way to get users.
- 28. Ryan Holiday Publicity stunts are often about exploiting systems or platforms that others have not yet fully appreciated.
- 29. Ryan Holiday Techniques like A/B testing can provide you with actionable metrics because you will be able to replicate the results.
- 30. Ryan Holiday What kind of crazy/cool thing can I do to get attention, something that, ideally, no one has ever done before?
- 31. Ryan Holiday Applying the process is what matters, not the product.
- 32. Get more nuggets: www.GetNugget.co