Text of LinkedIn Connections â€“ Should You Connect With People You...
1. LinkedIn Connections Should you connect with people you dont know? Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com
2. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com If you've been on LinkedIn for more than about 5 minutes you've probably started to receive invitations from people you don't know.
3. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com The question is: should you accept those invitations?
4. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com LinkedIn states you should only accept invitations from people you know well.
5. Should you follow LinkedIn's advice?
6. While this is a personal decision, I'd like to suggest that YES you should consider adding people you don't know to your list of connections.
7. HERES WHY ...
8. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com 1. Maybe you do know them.
9. I know people who have lost work because they didnt accept a LinkedIn invitation from someone they really did know.
10. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com 2. When you go to an in-person networking event, you don't only talk to the people you already know. You use it as an opportunity to meet new people.
11. If you never accept an invitation from someone you don't already know, you're not growing your LinkedIn network.
12. 3. They may be a useful connection.
13. Its true that some people on LinkedIn are just trying to randomly build a large network. However, if just one in 10 people becomes a valuable business partner, isn't it worth it?
14. 4. You want to turn up in more searches.
15. LinkedIn prioritizes search results based on how closely connected people are. Connecting to people you don't already know expands your network, increasing the likelihood that your name will show up.
16. Do you connect with people you dont know? Share your thoughts
17. Andrea Stenberg www.TheBabyBoomerEntrepreneur.com Want to know more? Please get in touch.