Text of Advancing Work: Manager’s Blueprint to Engage and Motivate Winning Teams
1. ADVANCING WORK: MANAGERS BLUEPRINT TO ENGAGE AND MOTIVATE WINNING TEAMS 1#
2. PRESENTED BY:
3. Look for the tweet button on select slides to share the information from that slide on Twitter.
4. Organizations around the nation are facing a major engagement/motivation dilemma among their employees. Though engagement levels are the highest since 2000, only 31.5% of U.S. employees were engaged in their jobs during 2014. 31.5% 20 00 20 14 SOURCE
5. A majority of employees51%were still not engaged, and 17.5% were actively disengaged in 2014 51% 17.5% NOT ENGAGED ACTIVELY DISENGAGED SOURCE
6. Engagement is vital to an organization. When employees are fully engaged, they produce better work and are more motivated to do the work. Furthermore, employee engagement can develop better loyalty between the employee and the organization, increasing retention. How can managers x this engagement issue plaguing the workforce? SOURCE
7. 3 WAYS TOP MANAGERS ENGAGE & MOTIVATE WINNING TEAMS: 1 2 3 Get to know your team individually. Dene transparency and communication. Give meaning to the work.
8. GET TO KNOW YOUR TEAM INDIVIDUALLY. Before anything else, managers need to take the time to get to know their employees, which can be especially hard if you manage dispersed teams. Set up in-person or virtual one-on-ones using video conferencing where employees can create a career growth plan with you while feeling listened to and valued as a team member. 1 2 3
9. By knowing what employees want to achieve within their respective positions, it not only empowers them, but also allows them to showcase their value to the organization.
10. Additionally, you can use this one-on-one time to have employees contribute to the future culture of the team. Have them voice their opinions and ideas on team dynamics and what environments they succeed in. 1 2 3
11. By implementing employee ideas, it again shows how valuable the employee is to the team. 1 2 3
12. DEFINE TRANSPARENCY AND COMMUNICATION. When building a better team dynamic, its important to encourage a culture of transparency. By having a policy of open communication among team members, it instills trust and empathy. 2 31
13. 47% In addition, great communication doesnt always mean in-person meetings. For instance, according to customers, GoToMeeting can increase efficiency by 47% by building rapport with prospects and clients. Furthermore, GoToMeeting can keep out-of-office stakeholders in the loop with critical face-to-face meetings. 2 31 SOURCE
14. Good communication also includes letting employees give feedback to their managers. That way management has a clear understanding what is and isnt working in the organization and can make the necessary adjustments. Bottom line: managers need to be approachable and instill trust within their respective teams.
15. GIVE MEANING TO THE WORK. The root of engagement and motivation is found in the meaning of the work produced. Let employees identify how they can make their work more meaningful and implement their suggestions. 31 2 SUGGESTIONS
16. Remember: burnouts are more likely to occur when goals are set by managers rather than employees. Let team members lead the discussion on what outcomes they want to see on the team and in the office. As the manager, you can then tie these goals to the organizationsso everyone wins. 31 2
17. Increasing employee engagement isnt something that happens overnight. However, by using these three tips, managers can see increase employee engagement, motivate performance and strengthen retention within the workplace. READ THE FULL POST
18. LET YOUR BEST WORK SHINE THROUGH WITH A FREE 30-DAY TRIAL OF GOTOMEETING. Better engagement is within reachjust try a simple all-inclusive soultion like GoToMeeting. Your free 30-day trial comes with unlimited meetings, free integrated audio, a dedicated personalized meeting room, international dial-in options for global participants, free mobile apps for people on the go and a full suite of collaborative tools designed to keep everyone engaged from any device. Its an easy way to bring people together, drive critical initiatives and increase team productivity. Start you free trial today.
19. CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION WITH GOTOMEETING.
20. ABOUT CITRIX Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is leading the transition to software-dening the workplace, uniting virtualization, mobility management, networking and SaaS solutions to enable new ways for businesses and people to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, mobile workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. With annual revenue in 2014 of $3.14 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.Citrix.Com. 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, with the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market, and in other jurisdictions. All other marks appearing in this piece are the property of their respective owner/s. 500349_WP/2015-05-19