A Case Study for Smoke Exhaust Flow Rate Due to the leakage of fire damper and smoke duct, it is a mistake to design both the flow rate of smoke exhaust fan and the required smoke exhaust flow rate with the same value. Flow arte of smoke exhaust fan should be greater than that of the required smoke exhaust flow rate. Based on detailed calculation, the follow- ing case study is presented. As the flow velocity in the smoke exhaust duct is 10 m/s with Class-I smoke damper, the flow rate of smoke exhaust fan is about 4.52m 3 /s. This number could be increased to 5.62m 3 /s if a Class-III damper is selected. And if the smoke exhaust shaft is used, instead duct, the flow rate of smoke exhaust fan could even be increased to 8.72m 3 /s, although in such a case the flow velocity is decreased. Even a Class-I smoke damper is used in such case, the flow rate of exhaust smoke fan increases to 4.78m 3 /s.

topic_9-3

• Upload

• View

• Download

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

Citation preview

Page 1: topic_9-3

A Case Study for Smoke Exhaust Flow Rate

Due to the leakage of fire damper and smoke duct, it is a mistake to design both the flow rate of smokeexhaust fan and the required smoke exhaust flow rate with the same value. Flow arte of smoke exhaust fanshould be greater than that of the required smoke exhaust flow rate. Based on detailed calculation, the follow-ing case study is presented. As the flow velocity in the smoke exhaust duct is 10 m/s with Class-I smokedamper, the flow rate of smoke exhaust fan is about 4.52m3/s. This number could be increased to 5.62m3/s if aClass-III damper is selected. And if the smoke exhaust shaft is used, instead duct, the flow rate of smokeexhaust fan could even be increased to 8.72m3/s, although in such a case the flow velocity is decreased. Even aClass-I smoke damper is used in such case, the flow rate of exhaust smoke fan increases to 4.78m3/s.

Page 2: topic_9-3
Page 3: topic_9-3
Page 4: topic_9-3
Page 5: topic_9-3