Embed Size (px)
Here is the presentation I am giving at a Middle School.
- 1. The Voicethread Venture By Pat Hensley [email_address] http://loonyhiker2.pbwiki.com
3. Who Am I?
- Retired Special Ed Teacher (30 years)
- Blogger ( http://successfulteaching.blogspot.com )
- Adjunct Instructor at Furman University
- Educational Consultant for teachers, schools, school districts, and parents
- Hike, read, crochet, knit, travel, blog,and play on computer
- Goal: to help teachers learn about the good tools they can use to meet their needs
4. What is Voicethread
- PowerPoint on steroids-Colette Cassinelli
- Interactive Digital Storytelling
- General Voicethread : free, only allowed 3
- General Educator: free, unlimited online
- Ed.Voicethread: one time fee $10, students have their own accounts
- Class: $60 per year, teacher creates student accounts, custom web address
- Library: $1 per user per year, give educators and students an account, custom web address, managed by Library
6. Examples 7. Lindero Canyon Middle School Book Talks http://voicethread.com/share/25559/ 8. 9. Demonstration
- Round up some students/teachers.
- Students/teachers upload photos
- Students/teachers add comments
- Go tohttp://voicethread.com/
- In the right top corner, click on register
- To register, you have to give a user name and password.
- Then click on educator which brings you to the price list
- Educators can make unlimited voicethreads for free
11. 12. Create
- Click on Upload and load pictures
- Click on Comment to leave comments either in text, audio, or video.
- Click on Share to finish.
13. Questions& Answers