2. Structure and Breakdown The genre of our music video is a slow pop song or a ballad. We have chosen this song because we feel it made a good a story line and we had lots of ideas to play with. Our video will include a girl in an empty house alone. She is depressed due to her boyfriend being killed in the army. The girl will be walking around the house singing the song. Flashbacks of him and her together happy, ideally in black and white, will also be present in our music video.
3. Lyrics This house is cold and empty Just a ghost of who I used to be I stare at my own reflection Wondering if youd ever recognise me Last night I heard you whisper Everything is fine cos I am here and I am here Last night I saw your shadow But when I called your name you dissappeared, you disappeared He was gonna say goodnight He was gonna stop the world from turning He was numb the pain Whos gonna see you in the sky Crashing down I am looking, I am looking Whos gonna say goodnight Whos gonna stop the world from turning Whos gonna see you in the sky's crashing I am broken I am broken
Some special effects Usually calm setting, but changes when beat kicks in May be black and white Sometimes has a narrative Close up of artists and characters shown in video EXAMPLES; Snow Patrol Jamie T Kings Of Leon The Fray Dance Music Videos
7. Rescue Me Jessica, Nicole and Philip
8. Structure and Breakdown Genre Pop, Dance Performance video, perhaps in our school hall. The artists could perform on the stage while lots of school children can be in the audience so it looks like a concert. We have chosen this video concept because it fits with the genre of the song. The song is a dance track and in these type of music videos there tends to be performance scene with people dancing, having a good time.
9. Music conventions of Rescue me Dance Music Videos Dance routines Sometimes narrative Location Clubs or party Upbeat and fun videos Women dancers usually half naked Bright colours All dancers wearing similar costumes EXAMPLES;