Text of "Les secrets de l'Onboarding" par Oussama Ammar
1. Many thanks to:
2. Growth Hacking Meetup - Activation Episode 2
3. How do I activate users?
4. Activation is when visitors do what youve decided beforehand they should do, when they take an action which furthers your goals.
5. Possible Activation Goals Get their email address Get them to create an account Get them to read something Get them to comment on something Get them to share something Get them to buy something Get them to fill out something Get them to watch something Get them to interact with someone And many more
6. Landing Pages Its a page you create within your product to direct people toward certain campaigns
7. Landing Page Characteristics
8. Limited Navigation
9. Single call to action
10. Congruous Language
11. The Launch Page (or coming soon page)
12. Use it to get traffic (not just activations)
13. The headline and subheadis everything
14. Emotional imagery is a must
15. Dont let the list grow cold
16. Post your launch page to betali.st and erlibird.com
17. For a quick result Landing PageLaunch Page
18. Good Copywriting
19. The headline should mention your unique value propositionThe Headline should mention your unique VP
20. Long copywriting is good for expensive items. Short copywriting is good for less expensive items.
21. Different audiences respond differently to certain words
22. Social proof = Copywriting
23. Dont forget the Microcopy Confused visitors wont do what you want
24. Great Examples of Calls to Action
25. Leave nothing to their imagination Tell them what you want
26. Onboarding: http://slidesha.re/1eT2ffm
27. Gamification Examples
28. Gamification can cause someone to complete actions they normally wouldnt complete.
32. Pricing Strategies
33. Perfect Price Discrimination
34. Multiple Tiers Options give people confidence to buy
35. Suggestive Tier Naming Names like Bronze, Gold, etc dont really help customers decide
36. Free Trials, Discount Codes, etc.
38. You are Welcome to Join the Adventure firstname.lastname@example.org