Text of REASONING By Akash Thorat Probationary officer 2013
REASONING By Akash Thorat Probationary officer 2013
1. If it is possible to make only one meaningful word with the Third, Seventh, Eighth and Tenth letters of the word COMPATIBILITY, which of the following would be the last letter of that word ? If no such word can be made, give X as your answer and if more than one such word can be formed, give your answer as Y. (A) I (B) B (C) L (D) X (E) Y
2. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ? (A) Stem (B) Tree (C) Root (D) Branch (E) Leaf
3. How many meaningful three letter English words can be formed with the letters AER, using each letter only once in each word ? (A) None (B) One (C) Two (D) Three (E) Four
4. Each vowel of the word ADJECTIVE is substituted with the next letter of the English alphabetical series, and each consonant is substituted with the letter preceding it. How many vowels are present in the new arrangement ? (A) None (B) One (C) Two (D) Three (E) None of these
5. If in a certain language LATE is coded as 8&4$ and HIRE is coded as 7*3$ then how will HAIL be coded in the same language ? (A) 7&8* (B) &7*8 (C) 7*&8 (D) 7&*8 (E) None of these
BLOOD RELATION DirectionsQ.6 to Q.7 Read the following information carefully and answer the questions, which follow : A B means A is father of B A + B means A is daughter of B A B means A is son of B A B means A is wife of B
BLOOD RELATION(contd..) 6. How is P related to T in the expression P + S T ? (A) Sister (B) Wife (C) Son (D) Daughter (E) None of these
BLOOD RELATION(contd..) 7. In the expression P + Q T how is T related to P ? (A) Mother (B) Father (C) Son (D) Brother (E) None of these
BLOOD RELATION(contd..) Mothers (or) fathers son - Brother Mothers (or) Fathers Daughter Sister Mothers brother Maternal Uncle Fathers Brother Paternal uncle Mothers (or) Fathers sister Aunt Mothers (or) Fathers father Grand father Mothers (or) Fathers mother Grand mother Sons wife Daughter in law Daughters husband Son in law Husbands (or) Wifes father Father in law Husbands (or) Wifes mother Mother in law Husbands (or) Wifes brother Brother in law Husbands (or) Wifes sister Sister in law Sisters husband Brother in law Brothers (or) Sisters son Nephew Brothers (or) Sisters daughter - Niece
BLOOD RELATION(contd..) 8. Pointing to a lady Ravi said, She is the only daughter of the father of my sisters brother. How is she related to Ravi? Solution : Break the given sentence at is. From the last, in the view of Ravi, My sisters brother brother Father of brother father Daughter of father sister So,that becomes she is my sister So, answer is sister.
CHARACTER PUZZLE One of the seven subjects, viz., Maths, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, English and Statistics is taught on one day in a week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday. Chemistry is taught on Thursday. English is neither taught on Tuesday nor on Saturday. Only one lecture is held between Chemistry and Botany. Zoology is taught after two days of maths lecture. Statistics is neither taught on Monday nor Sunday. Botany is not taught on the immediate next day on which Zoology is taught. Physics is taught on Monday.
CHARACTER PUZZLE (contd..) 1. On which of the following days is Statistics taught? (1) Monday (2) Tuesday (3) Wednesday (4) Thursday (5) Friday 2. How many subjects are taught between Botany and Zoology? (1) None (2) One (3) Two (4) Three (5) Four
CHARACTER PUZZLE (contd..) 3. Which of the following subjects is taught on Saturday? (1) Botany (2) Statistics (3) Zoology (4) Maths (5) Physics 4. On which of the following days is Botany taught? (1) Tuesday (2) Wednesday (3) Thursday (4) Friday (5) Cannot be determined 5. If Statistics is related to Zoology, and Physics is related to Botany in a certain way, then to which of the following is Chemistry related to, following the same pattern? (1) Math (2) Statistics (3) Physics (4) English (5) Cannot be determined.
SYLLOGISM A syllogism is a kind of logical argument in which one proposition (the conclusion) is inferred from two or more others (the premises).
Syllogism (contd..) Q.1 Statements: All bags are cakes. All lamps are cakes. Conclusions: Some lamps are bags. No lamp is bag. A. Only conclusion I follows B. Only conclusion II follows C. Either I or II follows D. Neither I nor II follows E. Both I and II follow
Syllogism (contd..) Q.2 Statements: Some kings are queens. All queens are beautiful. Conclusions: All kings are beautiful. All queens are kings. A. Only conclusion I follows B. Only conclusion II follows C. Either I or II follows D. Neither I nor II follows E. Both I and II follow
Syllogism (contd..) Q.3 Statements: All branches are flowers. All flowers are leaves. Conclusions: All branches are leaves. All leaves are branches. All flowers are branches. Some leaves are branches. A. None follows B. Only I and IV follow C. Only II and III follow D. All follow
REASONING (Contd..) By Akash Thorat B.Tech, MBA(JBIMS),JAIIB Probationary officer 2013
NON VERBAL REASONING NEW ELEMENTS ADDITION/REMOVAL SUBSTITUTION CLOCKWISE AND ANTICLOCKWISE DIRECTION