Heavy vehicle use tax

Embed Size (px)

Text of Heavy vehicle use tax


    What is HVUT?

    This is a Federal Excise Tax for vehicles with a registered or boosted weight of 55,000 pounds or more. You are required to provide the DMV with proof of payment of HVUT each year.

    Do I need an Employer Identification

    Number (EIN) prior to paying this tax?

    Yes. If you do not already have an EIN, you can obtain an EIN by calling 1-800-829-4933, online at: http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/ or you can use a service provider, TSNAmerica.com.

    Where can I pay the tax?

    You can pay the tax at ExpressTruckTax.com electronically in minutes. Express Truck Tax is an Authorized IRS e-file provider and makes it simple to e-file your Form 2290 with a personal US based customer support team who are available by phone, email or online chat.

    What do I need in order to file?

    You will need your business information, EIN, VIN & taxable gross weight of your vehicle, and form of payment for IRS fees.

    How can I pay the IRS fees?

    You can pay your IRS fees by Direct Debit or EFW, EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System through the IRS), or by Check or Money Order.

    What will be my proof of payment?

    You will receive a Schedule 1 with a digital watermark from the IRS that you will be able to use as your proof of payment.

    How will I receive my proof of payment?

    You can receive your Schedule 1 by email, fax or postal mail. You can also download it from within the application.

    MY DMV wont accept my Schedule 1 as proof of payment. What do I do?

    When you E-File your Form 2290, the IRS will apply a digital watermark to your Schedule 1. This electronic Schedule 1 is your official proof of payment. If a state or local DMV will not accept this digital Schedule 1, please contact the IRS Excise Hotline at 1-866-699-4096 and provide the IRS with a brief description of the issue and the contact information of your local DMV. The IRS will be able to assist you and ensure that your DMV accepts your electronic Schedule 1.

    If my vehicle is exempt from tax, do I have

    to file the form?

    Yes, if your vehicle is exempt from the tax, you still are required to mail, fax or take the form to the DMV showing the IRS receipt that you filed your Form 2290.

    How can I get help with my Form 2290?

    The friendly US based customer support team is available by phone at 704-234-6005, email at support@expresstrucktax.com or on chat at expresstrucktax.com.