Skinner's Fine Jewelry auctions feature the finest examples of antique, Edwardian, Victorian, Art Nouveau and Art Deco jewelry; exquisite diamonds, pearls and gemstones; iconic vintage pieces by the best makers and designers; and even artist designed contemporary pieces. Skinner's next auction of Fine Jewelry will be held Tuesday, September 14, 2010, and consignments of fine jewelry are always welcome. Make an appointment with one of Skinner's specialists to have your jewelry evaluated for auction. For more information on consigning, contact Skinner’s Fine Jewelry department at 617-874-4313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKINNERFine JewelrySale 2515B September 14, 2010 Boston
online bidding at www.skinnerinc.com
additional information and photos at www.skinnerinc.com
Fine Jewelryspecialists in charge
Gloria Lieberman 617.874.4305
John Colasacco 617.874.4310
Julie Khouri - 617.874.4309
Jewelry Department - 617.874.4313 General Inquiries: email@example.com
auction 2515B Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10 a.m. 63 Park Plaza Boston, Massachusetts previewSunday, September 12, 2010 Monday, September 13, 2010 12 to 5 p.m. 12 to 7 p.m.
absentee biddingTel: 617.874.4318 Fax: 617.350.5429 Online: www.skinnerinc.com
general inquiries617.350.5400View all lots online at www.skinnerinc.com
cover : 750 ; back cover : 751
Register Preview and Bid Live Online at www.skinnerinc.com
Skinner makes previewing online anytime from your home or office easy and convenient. View all lots in the auction in order, many with multiple views. You can also flip through the pages of our interactive virtual catalog or download the catalog PDF to your desktop.
Absentee Bidding/Tracking Lots
Skinners website accepts absentee bids up to one hour before an auction begins. Once youve placed your bids, use Track Lots to track those items and see their selling prices. You can also use Track Lots to track the selling price of items youre simply curious about, whether youve bid on them or not.
Let Skinners Lot Alert do your searching for you! Lot Alert continuously searches Skinners upcoming auctions for items that interest you, and automatically emails you when an item matches your interest profile. Visit www.skinnerinc.com and click on the Buy/Sell tab to find out more about Lot Alert.
Bid Live Online with Skinner-Live!
Theres nothing like bidding live at an auctionand now Skinner brings that live auction experience to our website with Skinner-Live! Visit www.skinnerinc.com and click on the Buy/Sell tab to learn more about bidding live online with Skinner-Live!
table of contents
1 2 4 5 6 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Auction & Specialist Information Web Site & Online Bidding Event Announcement Provenance & Notes Lots 1-761 List of Makers Conditions of Sale Absentee Bid Form Company Directors & Specialty Departments Administrative Staff & Client Services Map & Driving Directions Catalogue Subscription Form
Please Note: All lots sold subject to our Conditions of Sale. Please refer to page 114 of this catalogue for the full terms and conditions governing your purchase.
Copyright Skinner, Inc. 2010 All rights reserved
SKINNER invites you to attend a
Jewelry Clinic & PreviewSunday, September 12th 12:00 5:00 p.m.
As a complement to its auction preview, Skinner invites you to participate in its Jewelry Clinic, hosted by Mr. Hagop Matossian from Bostonian Jewelers. Mr. Matossian, an antique and period jewelry restoration expert, is viewed by his peers in the industry as a pioneer in laser restoration techniques. For the past 25 years, he has collaborated with dealers and private collectors on restoration and alteration projects. He will be available for individual consultations concerning items in the auction throughout the afternoon. All preview attendees invited.
Bostonian Jewelers & Manufacturers, Inc., located in downtown Boston in the Jewelers Exchange Building, specializes in estate and period restoration, and custom design and manufacturing of jewelry. Family owned and operated since 1969, Bostonian Jewelers uses the latest in laser technology, and can restore even the most intricate of antique and period jewelry in platinum, gold, sterling silver, and base metal, as well as complicated enamel work.
ProvenanceA Philadelphia Family A West Virginia Estate A Collector of Artist-designed Jewelry A California Collector Wristwatches from the Estate of Tyler Knapp, Florida A New Hampshire Estate
Note Regarding Colored StonesPurchasers are reminded that colored stones and diamonds may be enhanced by using one or more techniques, including but not limited to: clarity enhancement, resins, and heat treatments. Skinner makes no warranty express or implied to the buyer as to whether a natural stone has been enhanced.
1. Vintage Alligator Handbag, Cartier Ltd., London, the black alligator bag with ribbed 9kt gold edge, 8 7/8 x 7 1/4 in., English hallmarks, signed on the interior. $400-600
5. Enamel and Swarovski Crystal Cleopatra Elephant Clock, Jay Strongwater, the elaborately bedecked elephant set with multicolored Swarovski crystals and supporting a clock, 5 x 6 in., signed on the dial and on the reverse, (one crystal missing from foot). $400-600 6. Travel Charm Necklace, comprising twenty-four 18kt, 14kt, 10kt, and 9kt gold charms including the Statue of Liberty, Arc de Triomphe, maracas, a Viking ship, and numerous others, all on 14kt gold oval link chain, 69.6 dwt, lg. 28 in. $2,000-2,500 7. 18kt Gold Charm Bracelet, including a wine jug, windmill, beer stein, and Manneken Pis, suspended from fancy link chain, 24.7 dwt, lg. 7 1/2 in. $600-800 8. 14kt Gold Charm Bracelet, the seven charms including a mad money case, golf bag, Christmas tree, and baby shoes, suspended from a woven gold bracelet, 54.7 dwt, lg. 6 1/2 in. $1,000-1,500
2. Two Silk Scarves, Herms, Pavois depicting various naval flags, and Jardin Creole, 35 1/2 x 35 1/2 in. $150-250
3. Ladys Silk Blouse, Herms, depicting the bounties of a hunt, size 40. $150-250
4. Sterling Silver Lighter, Alfred Dunhill, Paris, Retailed by Cartier, with polychrome enamel international maritime signal flags for HSL, lg. 5 1/2 in., signed Dunhill and Cartier, in Cartier box. $100-200
additional information and photos at www.skinnerinc.com
9. Group of 18kt Gold Tourist Charms, including the Parthenon, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Trevi Fountain, the David, Roman Forum, the Coliseum, and the Capitoline Wolf, together with a calfs head ring, 24.5 dwt. $700-800 10. 18kt Gold Necklace, of fancy links, suspending a Liberty Head gold coin charm with engraved monogrammed reverse, 20.0 dwt, lg. 15 in. $500-700 11. 1910-S Saint-Gaudens $20 Gold Coin-mounted Pendant, within 14kt gold ropetwist bezel, and suspended from 14kt gold Dankner chain, 32 dwt. $1,000-1,500 12. 18kt Gold and Gold Sovereign Bracelet, bezel-set with five sovereigns in shaped mounts, 63.2 dwt, lg. 8 in. $2,500-3,500 13. 18kt Gold Chain, of fancy links, 34.8 dwt, lg. 18 5/8 in., makers mark HR in navette. $1,800-2,200 14. 18kt Gold Bracelet, of arched ropetwist and polished links, 43.7 dwt, lg. 7 in. $1,500-2,000 15. 14kt Gold Necklace, Italy, composed of arched brickwork links, 29.2 dwt, lg. 16 in. $800-1,000 16. Pair of 14kt Bicolor Gold and Diamond Bracelets, of domed burr and diamond mle arch links, 40.8 dwt, lg. 7 in. $1,500-2,000 17. Sterling Silver and 18kt Gold Earpendants, Tiffany & Co., each half hoop suspending a gold bead with silver cap, lg. 1 1/4 in., signed. $200-300 18. 14kt Gold Bracelet, the wide strap of burr motifs, 31.9 dwt, lg. 7 3/8 in. $800-1,200 19. 14kt Gold Chain, of flattened curb links, 30.5 dwt, lg. 15 7/8 in. $800-1,200
20. 18kt Gold Suite, Italy, the ring and earclips of textured and polished wave motifs, 14.3 dwt, size 7 1/4, lg. 5/8 in. $500-700 21. 14kt Gold Necklace, Unoaerre, of graduating Byzantine links, 32.8 dwt, lg. 16 in., signed. $1,200-1,500 22. 18kt Gold Bracelet, of fancy bar links with circular link border, suspending a coin with monogrammed reverse, 51.9 dwt, lg. 7 in. $2,400-2,800 23. 18kt Gold Cuff, with various Aztec motifs, 18.5 dwt, interior cir. 5 3/4 in. $500-700 24. 14kt Gold Bracelet, designed as a strap of woven bar links, 24.5 dwt, lg. 6 1/2 in. $600-800 25. 18kt Gold Chain, c. 1970, of ropework and circular textured links, breaking up to form a necklace and bracelet, 153.8 dwt, total lg. 31 1/2 in. $5,000-6,000 26. 18kt Gold Chain, of ropetwist and circular links, 89.9 dwt, lg. 52 1/2 in. $4,000-6,000 27. Three Rings, One Gucci, an 18kt gold snake ring with lapis cabochon, Gucci, Italy, an 18kt tricolor gold rolling ring, and a 14kt gold ring set with lapis tablets and diamond mle, 21.7 dwt, size 3, 4, 6. $300-500 28. Two Tigers-eye Quartz Bead Necklaces, one of beads measuring approx. 11.50 mm, the other of beads measuring approx. 10.00 mm, with twenty gold bead accents. $300-500 29. 14kt Gold and Lapis Necklace and Earclips, the necklace of sixtyfour lapis beads each measuring approx. 10.00 mm, with gadrooned gold beads and cultured pearls, together with a pair of earclips designed as gold X motifs set with cabochons, lg. 32, 7/8 in. $400-600 30. Two Silver and Gem-set Jewelry Items, a sterling silver pendant necklace with oval rose-quartz tablet, suspended from fancy bar links, N.E. From, Denmark, and an Arts & Crafts bracelet of shaped bloodstone and silver bead links, Polish hallmarks, lg. 18, 7 1/2 in. $200-300
online bidding at www.skinnerinc.com
31. Sterling Silver, Amber, and Green Onyx Brooch, Georg Jensen, centering a large oval cabochon amber within floral and foliate frame, cabochon green onyx highlights, lg. 2 in., no. 78, signed Georg Jensen in circle of dots, Denmark. $300-500 32. Sterling Silver and Green Onyx Necklace, Georg Jensen, the blossom links with oval cabochons, lg. 16 1/2 in., no. 10, signed Georg Jensen, Denmark. $600-800 33. Sterling Silver and Green Onyx Bracelet, Georg Jensen, of floral and foliate links, set with cabochons, lg. 7 in., no. 3, signed Georg Jensen, Denmark.