Dating 101 YSA Ward Dating Class
Its Just a Date
Ideal First Date
The ideal first date should let you get to know the other person and let the other person get to know you, without doing permanent damage to your nervous system or bank account or stomach lining in the process.
10 First Date Rules
1. Pick an activity that you can enjoy.First, it ensures that at lease one person will be having a good time.Second, it offers an insight into who you are.Third, it means that you have set the stage for something you can afford.
2. Pick an activity that you can easily afford.
The dangers of throwing money around on a first date, is that it may make you look cheap later on when you try to scale back.
3. Do something that does not require new or special clothing.
AwkwardPulling: up & downComfortable
4. Go where you can talk without getting thrown out.That is why a movie, even thought it's America's favorite date, is not a good first date.
Go some place fun and cheap where you can chat happily away.
When in doubt, take a walk.
5. Go to a place that is easy to get to.
You dont want to get lost or spend hoursDriving around trying to find the place.
6. Do something that is NOT competitive. Someone wins Someone losesShow offFeel badly
7. Pick an activity that does not compromise anyones standards. Sunday picnic may be perfectly fine in your family, while another family might see it as inappropriate.
8. Leave time to get to know each other.A date that is chock full of activity keeps you busy, but if the purpose is a chance to get to know one another, some quiet time is a great idea.
9. Do something that doesnt involve high-ticket others.
-High ticket others include friends,family, kids, animals, or colleagues.
-Your date is not going to an audition.
-You dont need other peoples opinion, at this point.
Later on, when you know each other better, and feel a bit more solid, showing each other off and getting feedback may be cool, but not for the 1st date!
10. Find an activity that doesnt last more than a couple of hours.Brevity is the essence of a good 1st date. The key is to leave em wanting more.
One of the ways to limit the damage is to limit the time.
Places and Things to Avoid on a First Date.*Weddings
*New Years Eve Party
So-so Ideas*Movies No time to talk
*Dinner - Make eating a side activity, not the focus
*Party If your date is the only person who doesnt know everyone.
Good First DateMuseums Amusement Park Walks Outdoor activities in general Get ice-cream Walk. Go to lunch Fun, easy, not too expensive, casual, etc.
FYIThe person who asks, pays. The other person offers but doesnt insist on helping out. No fights to the death.
In LDS culture, the guy still pays most of the time, however it is okay to offer to pay the tip, buy the popcorn, pay for the next date, bring the picnic, pay for the gas, and so on.
There are 365 days a year
At least 52 Saturday nights
At least 52 Friday nights
IT'S JUST A DATE...GO ON ONE THIS WEEK !!!