1. The Blended Design Workshop Brunel University 11 th November 2009
2. Arrival Activity
Welcome! As you settle in, please take some time to identify your personal objectives, and agree team objectives for today. Write these (no more than 6!) on the flip chart paper. If you have time add these to the Activity 1 Cloud on the workshop Cloudscape.
7. Activity 3: 40 mins: Create an at a glance representation of your module
Then: Using the workshop Slideshare account and the embed function on Cloudworks add your at a glance representation to your teams Cloud
8. Schema for mapping pedagogies and technologies Conole, G. New Schemas for Mapping Pedagogies and Technologies Ariadne 30 July 2008 Issue 56 Guidance & support Evidence & demonstration Communication & interaction Information & experience Thinking & reflection
9. Curriculum mapping Guidance and support Learning pathway Course structure and timetable Course calendar, study guide, tutorials Information and experience Content and activities Could include course materials, prior experience or student generated content Readings, DVDs, podcasts, lab or field work, placements Communication and interaction Dialogue Social dimensions of the course, interaction with other students and tutors Course forum, email Thinking and reflection Meta-cognition Internalisation and reflection on learning In-text questions, notebook, blog, e-portfolio, Evidence and demonstration Assessment Diagnostic, formative and summative Multiple choice quizzes, TMAs, ECA
10. Information & experience Online Physical (or face to face) components Evidence & demonstration Online Physical components Thinking & reflection Online Physical components Communication & interaction Online Physical components Guidance & support Online Physical components MJ At a glance view Mick Jones & Grainne Conole
Using 3 tools, thoroughly review your at a glance vision
Make a list of the changes you will make as a consequence of the review
Upload the list to the team Cloud
Activity 4: 30 mins: Design Review
12. Reflective review tools How to Ruin a Course Checklist Design decision assistant Pedagogy profile www.freefoto.com/preview/11-52-16?ffid=11-52-16
13. Stalls activity: 40 minutes
Develops Learning Design networks
Develops individual knowledge in an aspect of learning design/ e-pedagogy
Broadens teams' knowledge base in aspects of learning design/e-pedagogy
Stalls OERs Visualisation Accessibility, Library& media Pedagogy (incl. assessment)
14. Activity 6: 90mins: Visualising designs
In your teams, making best use of the stalls, your specialists and the tools, draw a learning design for your module.
Include links or details of activities, resources and tools you will use at each stage of the module
15. Using the workshops Slideshare or Flickr account, embed images of your visualised module design onto your teams Cloud
16. Activity 7:30 mins: Evaluation
1. Review one other design and compare with your own. What did the other team do differently and what aspects are the same?
2. Identify 2 things you like about the other design and one development point (add this feedback to their Cloud)
3. Identify 2 things you like about your own design and one thing you will change (add this to your own Cloud)
17. Final activity: Workshop evaluation and next steps
Use the post-it notes to answer the following questions:
Were your personal objectives met?
Were your team objectives met?
What 3 words would you use to describe Cloudworks?
What 3 words would you use to describe CompendiumLD?
What did you like about the workshop format?
What didnt you like, or would change?
What actions will you take as a result of this workshop?