7 Stages Of Marriage
Embed Size (px)
Text of 7 Stages Of Marriage
- Council for Relationships
2. Timeline of Marriage Embrace Change
- Every marriage is unique.
- Change never, ever stops.
- Incredible, inevitable journey
3. Whats in Store
- Understand the core mission of your marriage.
- Develop new strengths for the journey ahead.
- Sidestep advice that could threaten your marriage.
- Avoid time and effort-wasting wrong moves.
4. What difference does a Stage make?
- . Life experience is dynamic, changing and dimensional
- Life cycle development is predictable
- Life cycle development is individual, interactional, and intergenerational
- Life cycle development is marked by the passing of time
5. What is unique about the7 Stages?
- Developmental issues and tasks have been identified
- Normative events are described
- Practical exercises and activities useful in educational workshops and counseling practice
6. The Benefit of Knowing the 7 Stages
- Provides a roadmap for today and tomorrow
- Normalizes the experiences of marriage
- Knowing the missions for the stages provides focus
7. Marriage Today
- The Reader's Digest Survey
8. Readers Digest Survey The Survey Says..
- Laughter is More Important than Sex
- Guys Get Gushy About Marriage, Too
- Challenges Make Us Stronger
9. 7 Stages at a Glance
10. Measuring Your Marriage Life Long Journey
- Stages dont have start times or ending dates.
- You can repeat or revisit an earlier stage.
- You can use the lessons of an earlier stage to enhance your current stage.
- The Love Cocktail Know the essential ingredients
12. The Missions
- Mission 1 Savor the Passion
- Mission 2 Forge a Sense of We
- Mission 3 Learn your Love Languages
- Mission 4 Build Emotional Intimacy
- Mission 5 Expand Your Sexual Vocabulary
- The rose-colored glasses come off now differentiation begins
14. The Missions
- Mission 1:Understand your Expectations
- Mission 2:Open, Honest Talking
- Mission 3:Learn Empathetic Listening
- Mission 5:Split Household Chores Fairly
- Mission 6:Become a Money Team
- Growth through conflict- from control
16. The Missions
- Mission 1:Turn Power Struggles into Acceptance
- Mission 2:Move from Conflict to Problem- Solving
- Mission 3:Set and Pursue Healthy Personal Goals
- Mission 4:Renew Your Spirituality
- Mission 5:Recover from Infidelities
- Mission 6:Forgive Your Spouse and Yourself
- Lots to do work, family, friends, future planning
- Not enough sexual intimacy
18. The Missions
- Mission 1:Let Parenthood Strengthen Your Marriage
- Mission 2:Settle Conflicts and Connect as Friends
- Mission 3:Invite Romance Back into Your Marriage
- Mission 4:De-Stress and Make Love Again
- The First Stage of the Rest of Your Marriage strengthening mutuality
20. The Missions
- Mission 1:Shift Your Focus Back to Your Marriage
- Mission 2:Get off Autopilot
- Mission 3:Welcome Boomerang Kids Without Neglecting Your Marriage
- Mission 4:Use Your Marriage to Create Good Health
- Health -physical/emotional
- Mission 1:Make Care giving a Team Effort
- Mission 2:Enjoy Your Marriage
- Mission 1:Fight the Depression
- Mission 2:Protect Your Marriage and Yourself
- Mission 1:Set a New Budget and New Priorities
- Mission 2:Support Each Other
- Mission 1:Feel Good about Your Body
- Mission 2:Take care of your health and reduce your spouses anxiety
- Recreating and Enjoying Life
27. The Missions
- Mission 1:Keep Your Marriage Growing
- Mission 2:Play And Be in the Moment
- Mission 3:Share a New Sense of Meaning and Purpose and Prepare for Loss
- Mission 4:Reorganize Your Time, Your Territory, Your Tasks
28. Applications for Workshops
Applications in Counseling Couples 29. Thank you!
- The 7 Stages of Marriages provide a lifelong guide to identifying and exploring the missions, challenges and rewards of the stages of marriage.
- WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE