Text of Salesforce Reporting and Automation Basics
1. Salesforce Reporting and Automation Basics 6/13/2017 Garrett Farwell
2. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 2 Garrett Farwell Senior Application Instructor, Salesforce 10 years Salesforce administration experience including system administration, consulting, and training Three years instruction experience focusing on the Administrator, Developer, Reporting, and End User roles as well as other Salesforce University Courses
3. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 3 Agenda Lightning Process Builder Demo Reporting Demo Q & A
4. Lightning Process Builder
5. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 5 Lightning Process Builder Lightning Process Builder lets you automate business processes using a visual interface. A process can have multiple criteria nodes. If a criteria node evaluates to true, the process branches to run the immediate actions, scheduled actions, and stops. A process can continue after a branch by choosing the Evaluate the Next Criteria option instead of Stop. Process versioning allows for easy tracking and maintenance.
6. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 6 Lightning Process Builder Send an email reminder to the account team if a high- value opportunity is still open ten days before the specified close date. Update all the mailing addresses on all child contacts when a billing address is changed on an account. Create records and notifications based on stages of an opportunity and schedule follow-up tasks that execute based on changes to records. Create an order record with the data in the opportunity and associated account when the opportunity stage changes to Closed Won.
7. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 7 Lightning Process Builder Action Description Create a record Create a new record. Update records Update fields on records or any related records. Send an email Send an email using an email alert. Post to Chatter Post to the feed of a user, a Chatter group, or the record that started the process. Use a quick action Use an object-specific or global action to create a record, update a record, or log a call. Submit for approval Submit a record for approval without requiring users to submit manually. Launch a flow Trigger an auto-launched flow to automate complex business processes. Call Apex Call an Apex method to add customized functionality.
8. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 8 Lightning Process Builder General Processes can be launched from changes on the record or when invoked by another process. Call Apex code to communicate with outside systems Easily reorder criteria in your process with drag and drop. Reuse names when creating a new process version. Scheduled Actions A process can have multiple scheduled actions per criteria node. Scheduled actions cannot be used in processes that evaluate every time a record is created or edited. Scheduled actions cannot be used when using the Evaluate Next Criteria option. Admins receive an email alert if a user who starts a process becomes inactive and scheduled actions fail. To find pending process builder scheduled actions, navigate to Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Flows and then Paused and Waiting Interviews.
9. Lightning Process Builder Demo
11. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 11 Reporting Reports are lists or summaries that allow you to aggregate and analyze your data in different ways.
12. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 12 Reporting: Report Formats There are three types of report formats in Lightning Experience. Joined reports are only available in Salesforce Classic. Tabular Report Summary Report Matrix Report
13. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 13 Reporting: Tabular Report Tabular reports provide simple listings of your data with grand totals.
14. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 14 Reporting: Summary Report Summary reports provide listings of data plus grouping, sorting and subtotaling. Summary rows display grouping information and summarized values. Sort groupings by any summary value. Click column headers to sort records within a grouping.
15. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 15 Reporting: Matrix Report Matrix reports summarize data in a grid with horizontal and vertical groupings that provide totals for both rows and columns.
16. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 16 Reporting: Building a Report What object and related objects do you want to report on?1. Object(s) Whose records do you want to see and for what time frame?2. Scope What fields do you want to see?3. Columns Do you want records displayed in a list (tabular), grouped (summary), in a grid (matrix), or in blocks (joined)? 4. Format Which field(s) do you want to group by?5. Grouping Which numerical field(s) do you want to display as group subtotals and as grand totals? 6. Summaries What additional filters do you want (to limit the records you see)?7. Filters Do you want to display summarized data with highlights or as charts? 8. Highlights/Charts
17. Reporting Demo
18. Global Knowledge Training LLC. All rights reserved. Page 18 Next Steps Deepen your reporting capabilities: Whats Possible: Salesforce Fundamentals Register now AND Expand your skills with Administrator training: Administration Essentials for New Admins Register now
19. For more information contact us at: www.globalknowledge.com | 1-800-COURSES firstname.lastname@example.org