A short guide to publishing long-form content on LinkedIn.
1. Publishing Platform Summer 2014
2. Overview Who we are: the worlds largest professional network, reaching 300 million members worldwide What we offer: a publishing platform to share your voice and a powerful distribution network to put your message in front of the right professional audience How to use our platform: Publish long-form blog posts on your LinkedIn profile Build an audience of followers beyond your immediate connections Use SlideShare capabilities (presentations, documents, videos, graphics) to embed within post and drive SEO visibility The value of our platform: Build your audience: broadcast to the largest group of professionals ever assembled Enhance your professional identity: establish your visibility as a thought leader by sharing your expertise 2
3. Our Mission Connect the worlds professionals to make them more productive and successful 3
4. 9.5+M Opinion leaders 18.5+M CXOs/Owners/Partners 1.1+M Directors at Fortune 1,000 companies 186M Unique monthly visitors Members are 2x more likely to trust information from LinkedIn than from other sources* Members are 6x more likely to use LinkedIn to consume content and insights than look for jobs* *Source: LinkedIn internal study Audience 360 11.5B Quarterly page views 23 Languages 200+ Countries The Worlds Largest Professional Network
5. GroupsSlideShare PublishingPulse Discover the best business knowledge to be great at what you do Our Member Value Proposition The Definitive Professional Publishing Platform 5
6. SlideShare Publishing Expand your audience and enhance your professional identity The Power of Our Publishing Platform 6
7. 7 The Power of the Publishing Platform My article about Cloud Computing led to an invitation to give a speech in Australia at the Enterprise Mobility Summit 2014. Unbelievable! -Ahmed Banafa My first post helped me secure a TEDx talk here in Dallas. Turned into a talk on What Pig Farming Taught me About Business -Mike Merrill A Portuguese health organization asked to republish my first post for its own audience/membership, given helpful learnings for that group. -Dominque Kim
8. 8 Content + Community = Engagement How To Not Cry At Work Janet Matta: https://www.linkedin.com/in/janetmatta Over 300,000 views, 800 comments
9. GAIN FOLLOWERS EXPAND YOUR PROFESSIONAL BRAND GROW YOUR IDEAS WRITE LinkedIn Publishing Platform SHORT-FORM Share links, articles, images, quotes and other content with your followers. LONG-FORM Deep dives on topics that matter to you. Watch engagement build in the comments. YOUR CONNECTIONS & FOLLOWERS GLOBAL PROFESSIONAL NETWORK 9
10. 10 LinkedIn Publishing Platform To create a post, click the pencil icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. (You can also go to https://www.linkedin.com/tod ay/post/author/createArticle)
11. 11 LinkedIn Publishing Platform Open the writing tool to compose a draft. You can add text, images, videos and SlideShare presentations. A post can be published live, saved as a draft or previewed.
12. 12 LinkedIn Publishing Platform When you publish a post, it gets added to your profile and distributed across LinkedIn.
13. 13 LinkedIn Publishing Platform The follower dashboard tells you more about the audience youre reaching. All published posts are discoverable via search and your profile.
14. 14 SlideShare Upload rich media including presentations, videos, documents and infographics Embed SlideShare module within LinkedIn post body Cross-post uploads to LinkedIn profile Strong SlideShare SEO improves discovery Lead generation: drive sales with custom form
15. 15 SlideShare I find that sometimes my LinkedIn articles power readership on SlideShare, but other times the exact opposite happens: Readership of my LinkedIn article is so-so, but the embedded presentation takes off on SlideShare. -Bruce Kasanoff http://blog.slideshare.net/2013/08/12/bruce- kasanoff-my-two-month-crash-course-on- slideshare/ Think youre not creative? Think again!
16. 16 Publishing Platform and SlideShare Carmine Gallo Author, Talk Like TED: 3 Unbreakable Laws of Communication https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/571150 4-Carmine-Gallo http://www.slideshare.net/cvgallo
17. 17 Engagement: Tips and Best Practices
18. 18 Getting Access to the Publishing Platform If you do NOT yet have access to the publishing tool on LinkedIn (i.e. you do NOT see the pencil icon in the status update box at the top of your LinkedIn.com home page), please complete this short form: https://docs.google.com/ a/linkedin.com/forms/d/1 R4NlFp48IPxoM5g6709 3Qo9bptqKehwZQpnMO wPz4zQ/viewform