1. Headless Browser Testingwith Rubyby Justin Halsall (@juice10)CTO of Betribes.com
2. Our process
3. Make user storieswrite out all the different actions users can andcant do
4. Write out Acceptance testsUsing Rspec/Steak
5. Run the tests!Doesnt do much but its working!
6. Write out the rst scenarioDo this before you actually create the feature
7. Run the tests!And it fails! But we where expecting that...
8. Go ahead!Create thatfeature!Yeah boi, its hammertime!
9. Run it again and... no failures!Yippy!
10. That wasnttoo hardLets step it up
11. Write out the second scenario
12. Visit the page
13. Specify area with CSS expression
14. Click on the link
15. Make sure you end up where you expect
16. Run tests: Red, green, refactorhttp://www.ickr.com/photos/tasuki/3503304405
17. Of course you can do moreeg. interacting with forms
18. Of course you can do moreeg. interacting with forms
19. Wow that was awesome!Yeah I know right!
20. Whats the difference?
21. Its way faster!http://www.ickr.com/photos/scallop_holden/2203771977
22. Headless Browser vsSeleniumSpeed speed speeeed! (our test suitetakes 30 minutes to complete on a fastmachine using a headless web browser)Easier to set up the environment andtest edge cases.Abstracted so easy to change out fordifferent browser in the future.