2. 2 Contents Key Features 1 2 3 Conclusion4 Overview & Introduction Cloud Computing For Education
3. 3 Cloud Computing What is Cloud Computing? How it works? and Why we use it? Distributed computing on internet or delivery of computing service over the internet. Example: Google Drive, One Drive etc.
4. 4 Overview It has three components: Client computers Distributed Servers Datacenters
5. 5 Overview
6. 6 Key Features
7. 7 Key Features
8. 8 Cloud Cube Model
9. 9 Cloud Education Cloud education is the new buzz concept in education and the business world. The heart of cloud computing is the flexibility it offers to create, share, save and collaborate from anywhere, at anytime and at any place. Many institutions have already embraced the concept of cloud computing to create flexible educational environments and business to harness global opportuities.
12. 12 Cloud Learning A shared pool of learning courses, digital assets and resources are provided to learners and instructors, plug into it from anywhere.
13. 13 Characteristics Storage & Share The learning outcomes and resources can be stored in the Cloud, which provides approximately unlimited capacity. Documents can be common edited and shared on the Cloud. Most widespread are GoogleDocs, Live Skydrive and the Office Live.
14. 14 Characteristics (2) Universal Accessibility In advantage of cloud computing, Learners just need access to the Internet instead of any books or materials. Cloud Learning also make cheap access terminal possible, because software, application and data is run in the Cloud servers. That will benefit the developing region greatly.
15. 15 Characteristics (3) Collaborative Interaction Learners can cooperate anywhere in the Cloud. Specially, learners study, experiment, explore issues, complete tasks and offer & request assistance. Knowledge can be fully utilized through interaction.
16. 16 Characteristics (4) Learner Centered Cloud Learning is people-oriented, which meets individual needs of learners. Learners in the Cloud select suitable resources and record individual learning outcomes and specific process.
17. 17 Cloud learning service application- External application (1) Cloud-based unified content delivery platform Unified management in cloudy Portal websites Content examination Security services Cloud-based unified interactive family-school platform Unified communication, registration and storage Keeping Track of Student Homework Live video and audio Score delivery
18. 18 Cloud learning service application- External application (2) Cloud-based lifelong learning platform Learning e-portfolio Educational resources integration Credit identification and bank Enterprise training
19. 19 Cases & Samples
20. 20 Cloud User Centric Data stored in the Cloud Data follows you & your devices Data accessible anywhere Data can be shared with others music preferences maps news contacts messages mailing lists photo e-mails calendar phone numbers investments
21. 21 Conclusion: So why we use Cloud Computing in Education? Access remotely, from any location, and by any authorized personnel. Educational productivity can increase. Easier data access while traveling. So when asking the question, What is the significance of cloud computing in education? The answer is simple: Cloud computing is the future of Education.