1. Application of the Blockchain for the Purposes ofTransforming Academia in line with Industry 4.0 Hristian Daskalov, www.OS.UNIVERSITY Project Lead PhD Candidate @ Brno / Riga / Sofia Technical University Brno International Week VUT FBM, 06-09.11.2017
4. Research: Critical Success Factors in Managing Open Source Stakeholders - Application Beyond IT? Part 1
6. 2017 will be theYear of the Internet of People https://daskalov.info/2016/12/28/2017-will-be-the-year-of-the-sharing-economy-2-0-the-internet-of-people/
7. IBMs Device Democracy
8. TheOpenSourceWorld Software - System software - Application software - Programing tools Hardware - IT hardware - Non IT hardware Content
9. The open source model is a decentralized development model that encourages open collaboration. (Eric S. Raymond, 2001) Source: medium.com
10. Frequencies of critical success factor (CSF) categories, observed within the qualitative content analysis conducted as part of the research on CSF in Managing OS Stakeholders Engagement 1 10 10 5 5 5 5 1 1 0 2 4 6 8 10 12
12. TheEconomy TheL&DSystem Skills Demand Skills Supply Information Coordination Relationships Match of skills to jobs Badqualityof informationcoordination relationshipsistheroot causebehindpoor resultsinschool-to-work transition. AccordingtoErnst&Young:
13. University Life-long learning Consultants Corporate L&D P2P University B Government L&D Online e-learning Non-formal education NGO L&D State of Art
14. Life-long learning University III Cluster University II Corporate e-learning Online education University I Government L&D Non-formal education NGO Learners community Concept
15. Our underlying technology:
16. Development: Worlds Academic & Career Development Ledger on the Ethereum Blockchain Part 2
19. Difficultinformation &assetexchangein businessnetworks (e.g.supplychains) Separate ledgers
20. Consistency,efficiency, securityandscalability ofdatafortransactions throughoutthechain Beyond understanding in general how the distributed database technology that powers blockchain works, it is important to understand the types of problems facing institutions that blockchains appear to be good at solving. According to IBM, these include: eliminating paperwork; updating/re-engineering (extinguishing antiquated) processes; creating transparency Blockchain advantages
29. Ourteamconsistsofrenowned academicians,seniorcorporate executives,experiencedpublic sectorleaders,blockchain evangelistsandsocialchange- makers,unitedbythecommon strivetorevolutionizetheworldof learningandprofessional development. It takes a (global) village...
30. H1 2015 - OSUni research project initiated at the Faculty of Management within the Technical University of Sofia, resulting in scientific publications on the subject, published in Bulgaria, Latvia, and the Czech Republic. H2 2015 - OSUni proof-of-concept phase initiated, along with corporate partners from Bulgarian industry and software development sectors, resulting in early versions of system's architecture and design. H1 2016 - OSUni announced among top 10 social innovation ideas globally, in competition with 400 technology concepts and 130+ project proposals as part of the Living Progress Challenge of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. H2 2016 - OSUni receives positive reviews and engages in expanding its partnership network under programs for support of young entrepreneurs, led by the Ministry of Economy and the Open Society Institute, as well as through the Sofia Business School. H1 2017 - OSUni announced as 2017 "YouthSpeak'' forum winner in Latvia, based on a scaled-down prototype, resulting in a distributed learning program implementation project at a community center in Sao Paulo, Brazil. H2 2017 - OSUni development work reaches important milestone, under the project leadership of IO.Era, software consultancy, specializing in blockchain- based applications, leading the way to an initial currency offering (ICO). R&D Background
31. Networking: Ittakesavillagetore-engineera system thatis 1000yearsold... Letsmakeita globalvillage... Bettera globalarmy... Part 3
32. TheFutureis hereitsjustnot veryevenly distributed Picture: blockchain.open.ac.uk Learning Is Earning 2026 Video: Learning is Earning 2026
33. 1. Single institution for authentication of certificates 2. Groups of institutions for shared repositories of certification and achievement, as in the example of some universities have grouped together in the US already 3. National blockchain database of all certificates 4. Global assessment (Sony Global Education) 5. Blockchain and badges open badges to evidence credentials and safe storage 6. Blockchain and MOOCs more reliable certification of MOOCs 7. Continuing Professional Development currently CPD, and other forms of formal and informal work-based learning are diverse, and poorly tracked 8. Corporate learning 9. Apprenticeship 10. Bodies of knowledge
34. Cipryss The University of Nicosia has been issuing academic certificates whose authenticity can be verified through the Bitcoin blockchain from 2014. These certificates are being issued to students who successfully completed or participated in DFIN- 511 Introduction to Digital Currency, which is the first university course offered on the topic of cryptocurrency.
35. 2015 Argentina graduates with proof of their diplomas on Bitcoins blockchain, thanks to a piloting project by Signatura and Calidad en Educacin en Zona Norte College
36. MIT Digital Diploma debuts at MIT October 17th, 2017 Background:In 2015, Philipp Schmidt, the director of learning innovation at the MIT Media Lab, had begun issuing internal, non-academic digital certificates to his team. Schmidt had realized that, despite the rise of decentralized, informal online learning opportunities, there was no digital way to track and manage these accomplishments. He says he became interested in finding a more modular credentialing environment, where you would get some kind of recognition for lots of things you did throughout your life.
37. "Webelievethatblockchain technologiesmayholdananswerto collatingtheoutcomesofthenew distributedlearningrealityandwe intenttoexplorethepossibilitiesthat thisinfrastructurecouldprovide. OUsKnowledgeMediaInstitute The Open University (UK)
39. Thisreportconcludesthatblockchain applicationsforeducationarestillintheirinfancy. Itdescribescasestudiesofimplementations fromvariousEuropeanandnon-European players,buteachoftheseimplementationsisin apilotingphase.However,evenfromtheseearly pilots,itispossibletosuggestthatblockchainhas thepotentialtodisruptthemarketinstudent informationsystems,bylooseningthecontrol currentplayershaveoverthismarket.(inline withopeneducationssharingandtransparency principles) EUs JRC main conclusions
41. We envision a world in which the awarding and validation of qualifications no longer occur exclusively under the management of an education institution or an employer and individual students, teachers, and peers take more ownership of the learning experience and its outcomes without compromising on safety, security, and accessibility" Prof. John Domingue, Director of the Open Universitys Knowledge Media Institute.
42. Thank you! More on the subject: https://govinsider.asia/digital-gov/patrice-choong-ngee-ann-polytechnic-campus-ecosystem/ https://news.coinify.com/academic-certificates-blockchain/ http://www.investor.bg/kriptovaluti/491/a/zadava-se-pyrvata-globalna-platforma-za- akademichno-razvitie-bazirana-na-blokchein-249123/ https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/10/123841-open-source-university-project-launch- global-social-innovation-platform-ico-round/ http://www.bloombergtv.bg/investbook/2017-10-10/balgarska-platforma-osnovavashta-se-na- blokcheyn-gleda-kam-revolyutsiya-v-obrazovanieto http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/national/80704/government_launches_first_blockhain_in itiative_in_education https://www.edsurge.com/news/2016-05-12-what-blockchain-means-for-higher-education https://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-education-big-idea-need-bigger-thinking/ https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/09/schools-are-recording-students-results-on-the- blockchain.html https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/what-blockchain-technology-could-mean-for- universities https://er.educause.edu/articles/2017/3/the-blockchain-revolution-and-higher-education https://oeb-insights.com/10-ways-blockchain-could-be-used-in-education/ https://blog.signatura.co/first-official-career-diplomas-on-bitcoin-s-blockchain-69311acb544d firstname.lastname@example.org