One in a series on Strengthening the Church.
2. Strengthening the Church Comunicacin y Gerencia Studiesin the letter to the Ephesians January 1 st , 2005 3. The Benefits of Being in Christ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed usin Christwith every spiritual blessing in heavenly places... (Ephesians 1:3, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #1 4. What Being in Christ Means So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you arefellow citizenswith the saints and members of the household of God... (Ephesians 2:19, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #2 5. The Mystery of Christ This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. (Ephesians 3:6, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #3 6. The Unity of Strength in Christ ...walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing one another in love... (Ephesians 4:1b-2, ESV) Memory Verse For Lesson #4 7. The Strength of the New Man ...to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4: 22-23, ESV) Memory Verse For Lesson #5 8. Finding Strength in Walking Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:1-2ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #6 9. Lesson #6 The Strength of Marriage 10. The Strength of Marriage This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. (Ephesians 5:32-33ESV) Memory Verse For Lesson #7 11. The Strength of Marriage Tough Words
- The words of this mornings lessons may seem foolish to the eyes of the world, but always remember 1 Corinthians 1:18-25.
- Paul shows the Ephesians Christians that the marriage relationship is similar to Christs relationship with the church.
12. The Strength of Marriage The Strength of Submission
- Submission is the humble obedience to anothers will.
- The submission of the wife is as her submission to the Lord:
- Each person submits his or herself to God. (James 4:7)
- This submission is as a result of the head. (Ephesians 5:23)
13. The Strength of Marriage The Strength of Submission
- The wifes submission is as the church submits to Christ:
- Now as the church submits to Christ, so also the wives shoudl submit in everything to their husbands
14. The Strength of Marriage The Strength of Love
- Husbands are to love their wives in the same manner that Christ loved the church. (Ephesians 2:25, 28)
- Christ gave himself for the church. (Ephesians 5:25)
- Christ made the church a priority. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- Christ did whatever it took to make the church glorious. (Ephesians 5:28, 29)
15. The Strength of Marriage The Strength of Sacrifice
- There is sacrifice in leaving father and mother and joining to become one flesh. (Ephesians 5:31)
- The leaving and cleaving has to do with dependance upon each other.
16. The Strength of Marriage
- Paul proclaims the mystery of Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:32)
- Marriage is strengthened by Christ and the church and the marriage can strengthen the church.
- Love and respect take physical, emotional, mental and spiritual sacrifice.
- So does following God. (Matthew10:37-39)
The Strength of Sacrifice 17. Comunicacin y Gerencia Studiesin the letter to the Ephesians Strengthening the Church Next Week: The Strength in Obedience