One in a series on Strengthening the Church.
2. Strengthening the Church Comunicacin y Gerencia Studiesin the letter to the Ephesians January 1 st , 2005 3. The Benefits of Being in Christ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed usin Christwith every spiritual blessing in heavenly places... (Ephesians 1:3, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #1 4. What Being in Christ Means So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you arefellow citizenswith the saints and members of the household of God... (Ephesians 2:19, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #2 5. The Mystery of Christ This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. (Ephesians 3:6, ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #3 6. The Unity of Strength in Christ ...walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing one another in love... (Ephesians 4:1b-2, ESV) Memory Verse For Lesson #4 7. Lesson #5 The Strength of the New Man 8. The Strength of the New Man ...to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4: 22-23, ESV) Memory Verse For Lesson #5 9. The Strength of the New Man Spiritual Fitness
- Cross Training (Mark 8:34-38)
- Paul fought and ran a race. (2 Timothy 4:7)
- Paul disciplined himself. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
10. The Strength of the New Man Training for Spiritual Fitness
- How are you training for spiritual warfare?
- Are you training your children for their spiritual future? (2 Timothy 1:5).
- Are you on the one path? (Matthew 7:13, 14)
11. The Strength of the New Man The Ephesians Strength Building Routine
- Step #1 Dead in trespasses and sin but made alive (Ephesians 2:1-5)
- Step #2 Pauls encouragement to walk worthy. (Ephesians 4:1)
- Step #3 Pauls encouragement not to walk as the Gentiles. (Ephesians 4:17)
- Step #4 Follow the path in truth and Jesus. (Ephesians 4:21)
- Step #5 Clothed in the new garments of Christ. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
12. The Strength of the New Man Why did the Ephesians have strength?
- The Ephesians were different because of what they left. (Ephesians 4:25-31)
13. The Strength of the New Man Strength Built on Actions
- The Ephesians were different because of their actions: (Ephesians 4:26-31)
- Sinning through anger (verse 26)
- Giving the devil no opportunity (verse 27)
- Working with their hands for something to share (verse 28)
- Words of encouragementand grace (verse 29)
- Not grieving the Hold Spirit (verse 30)
- Putting away bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, slander and malice. (verse 31)
14. The Strength of the New Man Strength built on Actions..continued
- The Ephesians were different because of what they did (Ephesians 4:32).
15. The Strength of the New Man and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places(Ephesians 1:19-20, ESV) The lives of the Ephesians Christians are different because of who they came in contact with Jesus! 16. The Strength of the New Man How is your life different?
- Step #1 Are you alive inChrist? (Ephesians 2:1-5)
- Step #2 Are you walking worthy? (Ephesians 4:1)
- Step #3 Have you gone back to your old ways? (Ephesians 4:17)
- Step #4 Are you on the right path? (Ephesians 4:21)
- Step #5 Are you strong in the garment of Christ. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
17. Comunicacin y Gerencia Studiesin the letter to the Ephesians Strengthening the Church Next Week: Walking in the ways of the Ephesians