- Ephesians for Beginners - #5 - Past-Present-Future of the Church
Ephesians for Beginners - #5 - Past-Present-Future of the Church
Beginning in chapter two Paul begins to describe the universal nature of the church as it existed in the past, present, and future. (Eph. 2:1-10)
- Mike Mazzalongo BibleTalk.tv Mike Mazzalongo BibleTalk.tv #5 Ephesians Past-Present-Future of the Church forBeginners
- Review 1. Blesses the Ephesians 2. Explains Gods Purpose
- Review 3. Describes Spiritual Gifts - Purity/Innocence - Adoption - Forgiveness - Insight into Gods plan - Holy Spirit - Assurance of: - Resurrection - Glorification - Exaltation
- Review 4. Prays for God to Enable them spiritually.
- Lessons 1. Spiritual blessings available in Christ only.
- Lessons 2. Spiritual blessings are the most valuable blessings.
- Lessons 3. Spiritual blessings are appreciated through prayer.
- Ephesians 2:1-10 Past-Present-Future of the church
- And youweredeadin your trespasses and sins, Ephesians 2:1 Past- Separated from God Past-Present-Future of the church
- Past-Present-Future of the church
- 2in which youformerly walked according to thecourse ofthis world, according tothe prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is nowworkinginthe sons of disobedience. - Ephesians 2:2 Past-Present-Future of the church
- Past- Separated from God because they followed: - Course of this World - Prince of Power of the Air - Spirit of Disobedience Past-Present-Future of the church
- 3Among them we too allformerly lived inthe lusts of our flesh,indulging the desires of the flesh and of themind, and wereby nature children of wrath,even as the rest. - Ephesians 2:3 Past-Present-Future of the church
- Results Slaves to the Flesh Wrath of God Past-Present-Future of the church
- Present 4But God, beingrich in mercy, because ofHis great love with which He loved us, - Ephesians 2:4 Past-Present-Future of the church
- Past-Present-Future of the church 5even when we weredeadin our transgressions, made us alive togetherwith Christ (by grace you have been saved),6andraised us up with Him, andseated us with Him inthe heavenly places in Christ Jesus, - Ephesians 2:5-6
- Present - Alive in Christ - Raised from the Dead - Set with Christ in Heaven Past-Present-Future of the church
- 7so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassingriches of His grace inkindness toward us in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:7 Past-Present-Future of the church
- In Gods eyes, all of this is already complete Past-Present-Future of the church
- Why has God done this? He is merciful Past-Present-Future of the church
- 8Forby grace you have been savedthrough faith; andthat not of yourselves,it isthegift of God;9not as a result of works, so thatno one may boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 Past-Present-Future of the church
- Pauls Comment Saved = Includes all Blessings
- Pauls Comment Grace = The reason we have salvation
- Pauls Comment Faith = The Condition
- Pauls Comment Repentance / Baptism = The Biblical expression of Faith
- Past-Present-Future of the church 10For we are His workmanship,created inChrist Jesus forgood works, which Godprepared beforehand so that we wouldwalk in them. - Ephesians 2:10
- The church was created to 1. Be blessed 2. Be a blessing