The story of how ten volunteers got together to put together the most well coordinated data and relief response to the J&K Floods. A presentation by @ParrySingh
Text of The #jkfloodrelief.org Story
1. Public Goodwill to Positive Action ! JKFloodRelief.Org Initiative Leadership Lessons A guide for Digital Communities @parrysingh
2. This is the story behind JKFloodRelief.Org ! A volunteer initiative that came about within 24 hours to channelize public goodwill into action for JK Floods rescue & relief ! Perhaps one of the largest to leverage digital tools to complement & catalyze the fantastic on ground efforts by thousands of brave volunteers ! ! We hope this documentation is a guide for similar efforts anywhere in the world
3. On the night of September 6, several areas in Jammu & Kashmir got flooded. ! This was caused by unprecedented rain, highest in 100 years ! Srinagar, the capital was submerged with water up to 15-20 ft in some areas & entire villages were wiped out ! Over 500,000 were stranded ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Before After
4. 8 days later.
5. #JKFloodRelief.Org One of the largest citizen driven initiatives at scale Hundreds of tons Relief Material ! 12000 Rescue Leads 30 Corporate Partners 26 Collection Centres On Ground Relief Centres Global Footprint
6. 5 steps to create communities like #JKFloodRelief 1 PROMPT SETUP 3 PARTNER WITH EXPERTS !!!!! 4 COMPLEMENT ON GROUND EFFORTS !!! 5 FOLLOW UP FOR CLOSURE !!!!! 2 ! CLEAR COMMUNICATION !!!!
7. Setting up ! Response Led ! Communities
8. JKFloodRelief.Org core members RESPONSE LED COMMUNITIES ! COMMON CAUSE DISTRIBUTED LEADERSHIP AMORPHOUS STRUCTURE ! Real Time platforms enable Real Time communities
9. Corporate Partners COMMUNITY ECOSYSTEM ! ! ! Citizens Non-core Non Profits Govt. IMPACT Core RESPONSE LED COMMUNITY FORCE ! MULTIPLIER